Cheapest 2011 Toyota Avalon Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Scraping up a payment for overpriced Toyota Avalon insurance can empty your checking account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Doing a price comparison is a great way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Many insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to get the best rates possible.
Don’t pay full price with these ten discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every discount very well, so here is a list some of the best known as well as the least known insurance savings.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% for Avalon coverage with certain companies.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on insurance for Avalon coverage.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may qualify for reduced rates for Avalon coverage.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
- The Hartford
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Double check with each company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply in every state.
How to Compare Insurance Quotes
To find the best insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. The fastest way to find competitive 2011 Toyota Avalon insurance rates consists of shopping online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The recommended way to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This type of form prevents you from having to do a different quote for each company. Just one form will get you price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- A more time consuming way to get comparison quotes consists of visiting each individual company website and request a quote.
- The hardest way to get comparison rates is to spend your day driving to local insurance agencies. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the professional guidance that only a license agent can provide. However, consumers can compare online quotes and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll talk about that later.
Which method you use is up to you, but make sure you use identical information for each comparison quote. If the quotes have differing limits it’s impossible to determine which rate is truly the best. Slightly different limits can make a big difference in price. And when price shopping your coverage, more quotes will increase your chances of finding the best price.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent.
State Farm, GEICO and Progressive consistently run ads on TV and radio. All the companies make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you change your policy. But how can every company say the same thing?
Insurance companies can use profiling for the type of driver that makes them money. An example of a driver they prefer might be over the age of 50, a clean driving record, and chooses high deductibles. Any driver who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for the requirements will have to pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. This is how companies can state the savings. Because of the profiling, you need to get a wide range of price quotes. It is impossible to predict which auto insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Toyota Avalon insurance rates.
Auto insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the usual coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Avalon from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like driving through your garage door, rolling your car, colliding with a tree and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical expense insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills like EMT expenses, hospital visits and doctor visits. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as attorney fees, medical expenses and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
One last thing
We’ve covered many ideas to shop for 2011 Toyota Avalon insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheaper insurance is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information is located at these sites:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for a 2011 Toyota Avalon?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 2011 Toyota Avalon, consider the following steps:
- Compare quotes: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers and compare them to find the most affordable option.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Choosing a higher deductible can lower your insurance premium, but keep in mind that you’ll have to pay more out of pocket in the event of a claim.
- Explore discounts: Inquire about available discounts such as multi-policy, safe driver, or low-mileage discounts that can help reduce your insurance costs.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Avoid traffic violations and accidents to maintain a good driving record, as this can positively impact your insurance rates.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurers offer usage-based insurance programs that track your driving habits. If you’re a safe driver, this can result in lower premiums.
Are there specific factors that affect the cost of insurance for a 2011 Toyota Avalon?
Yes, several factors can influence the cost of insurance for a 2011 Toyota Avalon. These factors include:
- Age and gender: Younger drivers and males generally have higher insurance rates.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary based on where you live due to factors like crime rates and the likelihood of accidents.
- Driving record: A clean driving record with no accidents or traffic violations usually leads to lower insurance premiums.
- Vehicle usage: The frequency and purpose of vehicle use, such as commuting or pleasure, can impact insurance costs.
- Deductible and coverage limits: Higher deductibles and lower coverage limits typically result in lower premiums, but you’ll have to pay more out of pocket in case of a claim.
- Safety features: The presence of safety features like airbags, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft devices can lead to discounted insurance rates.
Are there any specific insurance companies known for offering affordable coverage for a 2011 Toyota Avalon?
Insurance rates can vary between insurance companies, so it’s recommended to obtain quotes from multiple insurers. However, some insurers may be known for offering competitive rates or discounts for specific vehicle models. It’s advisable to research and compare quotes from reputable insurers to find the most affordable coverage for your 2011 Toyota Avalon.
Should I consider additional coverage options for my 2011 Toyota Avalon?
The additional coverage options you should consider for your 2011 Toyota Avalon depend on your specific needs and circumstances. While liability insurance is typically required by law, additional coverage options like collision coverage and comprehensive coverage can provide added protection for your vehicle. Collision coverage helps pay for repairs or replacement if your vehicle is damaged in an accident, while comprehensive coverage covers damage from non-collision incidents like theft, vandalism, or natural disasters. Assess your needs and budget to determine if additional coverage options are right for you.
Can I lower my insurance premium by downgrading my coverage on a 2011 Toyota Avalon?
Downgrading your coverage on a 2011 Toyota Avalon may lower your insurance premium, but it’s essential to carefully consider the potential risks and consequences. While reducing coverage limits or removing optional coverage options can result in immediate savings, it also means you’ll have less protection in the event of an accident or other incidents. It’s advisable to strike a balance between affordability and adequate coverage to ensure you’re adequately protected financially.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area