Cheapest 2011 Volkswagen GTI Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Scraping up a payment for overpriced Volkswagen GTI insurance can dwindle your savings account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Comparison shopping is free and is an excellent way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
You have multiple car insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more challenging to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
It’s important to compare prices quite often since rates go up and down regularly. Even if you got the lowest price for GTI insurance a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. Starting now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the best ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
The purpose of this article is to instruct you on the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. But consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how companies determine prices and apply this information to your search.
More discounts equal less premium
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Volkswagen can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums for GTI insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
Insurance companies that may offer these benefits include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply in your state.
Low Cost Insurance Coverage
When shopping for insurance coverage there are multiple ways of comparing rates from insurance coverage companies in your area. The easiest way by far to find the cheapest 2011 Volkswagen GTI insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
The single most time-saving way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This method eliminates the need for separate quotes for every insurance coverage company. Just one form gets you price quotes from many national carriers.
A less efficient way to find lower rates requires a visit to the website of each company and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want to compare rates from Nationwide, GEICO and Farmers. To find out each rate you need to go to every website and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, double check that you are using the exact same coverage information for every company. If you use mixed coverages it will be next to impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Volkswagen GTI. Just a small difference in coverage limits can make a big difference in price. And when comparing insurance coverage rates, know that having more price comparisons helps you find the best price.
Volkswagen GTI rates are complex
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for insurance. Understanding what determines base rates enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Some insurance companies will give a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Too many insurance claims drive up costs – Auto insurance companies generally give better rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is designed for larger claims.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Volkswagen has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Sex matters – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Men and women have accidents at a similar rate, but the males have costlier accidents. They also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
- Your age impacts your rates – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Teenage drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you when you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2011 Volkswagen GTI by improving your rating. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Is my Volkswagen GTI covered if I use it for business?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2011 Volkswagen GTI is totaled?
- What is PIP insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Insurance coverage considerations
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills for things like ambulance fees, doctor visits, hospital visits, X-ray expenses and EMT expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, rolling your car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as legal defense fees, loss of income and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford.
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from flooding, a broken windshield, hitting a deer and falling objects. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Volkswagen GTI.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Save your cold hard cash
We just showed you a lot of information how to lower your 2011 Volkswagen GTI insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Cheaper insurance can be purchased both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Much more information about insurance coverage is located at the links below
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area