How Much Does 2013 Volkswagen GTI Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 18, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Cutting VW GTI insurance costs is challenging for consumers not familiar with the savings options that are available.
Understanding what coverage you need, taking advantage of discounts, and comparing rates online can help you save on Volkswagen GTI insurance rates. You have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a ton of work to find the best price.
Consumers should take time to compare prices periodically since rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on GTI insurance two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now.
So just block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage. This article will teach you the best methods to find lower rates on insurance coverage and find the cheapest auto insurance companies.
Volkswagen GIT Auto Insurance Coverage
Having a good grasp of an auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism, and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like fire damage, falling objects, theft, and vandalism. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Volkswagen GTI.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is an important protection for you and your family. Usually, these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your GTI resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage can pay for claims such as sustaining damage from a pothole, damaging your car on a curb, and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for Medical Expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses for things like ambulance fees, hospital visits, dental work, X-ray expenses, and EMT expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto Liability Insurance
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like bail bonds, emergency aid, court costs, medical expenses, and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Understanding Coverage Options for a Volkswagen GTI
When buying Golf GTI insurance coverage, there isn’t really one standard policy that works for everyone. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions may help highlight if you might need professional guidance.
- Do you need full coverage or liability-only car insurance?
- Are you covered if you drive in a foreign country?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- What are uninsured motorist coverage limits in your state?
- If you have health insurance so do you need medpay coverage?
- How do you insure a teen driver?
- Can you pay claims out-of-pocket if you have high deductibles?
- Can your babysitter drive your car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. Being an informed consumer is the best way to save on VW Golf GTI insurance costs.
Take Advantage of Volkswagen GTI Car Insurance Discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on GTI insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance on GTI insurance.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home may trigger an insurance policy discount because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a discount of up to 10% on GTI insurance.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts of up to 10%.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Auto-Owners Insurance
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not apply in every state.
Switching Companies Can Lower Car Insurance Rates
Cheaper 2013 Volkswagen GTI insurance is attainable online, through insurance agents, and directly from auto insurance companies. You should be comparing quotes from all sources so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies that do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high-risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
When shopping online for insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area