Cheapest 2012 Chevrolet Impala Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance rates for your Chevrolet Impala? I can’t think of anyone who enjoys paying for insurance, particularly when they are paying too much.
Multiple car insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company to get the cheapest price
It’s a good habit to check insurance prices yearly because rates change regularly. If you had the lowest price on Impala insurance last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. So forget all the misinformation about insurance because we’re going to show you the fastest and easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison
All the larger auto insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate give pricing on their websites. Obtaining pricing is pretty easy as you just type in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price determined by many factors. Quoting online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but having to visit different websites and fill out multiple forms is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for a lower rate.
The preferred way to find better auto insurance pricing utilizes a single form that gets price quotes from several companies at one time. The form is fast, requires less work, and makes price shopping online much more enjoyable and efficient. Immediately after submitting the form, it is quoted with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the quote results.
If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. This process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in new window and enter your information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you will receive a rate comparison for exact coverage.
Some factors that can determine what Chevy Impala insurance costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what determines base rates enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Your auto insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Occupations such as lawyers, architects and accountants tend to have higher rates than average because of high stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations like pilots, athletes and the unemployed receive lower rates on Impala insurance.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if you are found liable for damages from an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies provide discounts to drivers who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Lower rates come with age – Older insureds are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Young drivers have a tendency to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Pay less after the wedding – Getting married actually saves money when buying auto insurance. It means you’re more mature and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Even one speeding ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have dangerous citations like DUI or reckless driving may need to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect usage on your Impala can cost quite a bit.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off on Impala insurance with certain companies.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy on Impala insurance.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will cut your premiums.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like nursing services, EMT expenses, prosthetic devices, hospital visits and X-ray expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto collision coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as rolling your car, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, court costs, attorney fees and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a bird, rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed and theft. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Impala.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Compare but don’t skimp
Low-cost 2012 Chevy Impala insurance can be found on the web and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
We just covered some good ideas how to save on insurance. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors determine the cost of insurance for a 2012 Chevrolet Impala?
Several factors are considered when determining the cost of insurance for a 2012 Chevrolet Impala, including the driver’s age, location, driving history, coverage options, and the overall value and safety features of the vehicle.
Does the location where the 2012 Chevrolet Impala is primarily driven affect the insurance cost?
Yes, the location where the 2012 Chevrolet Impala is primarily driven does affect the insurance cost. Areas with higher crime rates or a higher likelihood of accidents may result in higher insurance premiums.
Can choosing higher deductibles help reduce the insurance cost for a 2012 Chevrolet Impala?
Yes, opting for higher deductibles can often lower the insurance cost for a 2012 Chevrolet Impala. By assuming more financial responsibility in the event of a claim, drivers can potentially reduce their premiums.
Is it recommended to compare insurance quotes from different providers to find the cheapest option for a 2012 Chevrolet Impala?
Yes, it is highly recommended to compare insurance quotes from multiple providers to find the cheapest option for insuring a 2012 Chevrolet Impala. Rates can vary significantly between companies, so it’s important to shop around for the best deal.
Can maintaining a good driving record help in obtaining cheaper insurance for a 2012 Chevrolet Impala?
Absolutely! Maintaining a good driving record is one of the most effective ways to secure cheaper insurance rates for a 2012 Chevrolet Impala. Insurance providers often reward safe drivers with lower premiums.
Does the type of coverage chosen affect the cost of insurance for a 2012 Chevrolet Impala?
Yes, the type of coverage chosen can affect the cost of insurance for a 2012 Chevrolet Impala. Comprehensive coverage and collision coverage generally have higher premiums compared to liability-only coverage, but they provide additional protection in case of damage or theft.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area