2012 Kia Optima Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 24, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2012 Kia Optima are $1,244 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive costs an estimated $214 a year, collision insurance costs $330, and liability costs $520. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $576 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $2,682. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,916 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,244
Rate estimates for 2012 Kia Optima Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2012 Kia Optima models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range range from as low as $576 for just liability coverage to a high of $2,682 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences illustrate why it is important for drivers to compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2012 Kia Optima Insurance
Looking for better insurance coverage rates for your Kia Optima? Purchasing the most affordable insurance coverage over the internet is rather challenging for consumers not familiar with buying insurance online. Since there are so many insurers to choose from, how can drivers possibly compare every company to locate the best pricing?
Factors influencing Kia Optima insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better insurance rates.
The following are some of the factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Kia from damage. Examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be for Optima insurance.
- Men pay higher rates – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men have accidents at about the same rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high insurance rates.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Liability insurance is the protection if ever you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Your credit rating is important – Credit score is a important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your 2012 Kia Optima by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a wife or husband actually saves money when buying insurance. Marriage usually means you are more mature it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Comparison
There are several ways to shop for Kia Optima car insurance, but there is one way that is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can spend countless hours discussing policy coverages with agents in your area, or you could save time and use online quotes to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Many popular insurance companies belong to an insurance system that enables customers to only type in their quote data once, and at least one company returns a rated price based on that information. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now click here to open in new window.
One minor caviat to doing it this way is you can’t choose which providers to get quotes from. So if you prefer to choose from a list of companies to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to compare the exact same coverages and limits on every quote. If you use different deductibles you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate. Slightly different coverages could mean much higher rates. And when price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons will enable you to find the best offered rates.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount very clearly, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find insurance coverage savings.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies permit an accident without raising rates if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance coverage policy, you’re out of luck.
For a list of providers with the best insurance coverage discounts, click here.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is my 2012 Kia Optima covered for smoke damage?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hitting a deer, hail damage, falling objects, a broken windshield and vandalism. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, court costs, attorney fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills for things like X-ray expenses, ambulance fees, chiropractic care, rehabilitation expenses and surgery. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for collisions
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as rolling your car, crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
One last thing about your coverage
We just showed you many ideas to lower your 2012 Kia Optima insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Cheaper insurance is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut collision coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,968|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,124|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$81|
|5-yr Claim Free||$79|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$48|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.