Cheapest 2012 Lexus IS 250 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 13, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better 2012 Lexus IS 250 car insurance? If your Lexus IS 250 price for insurance is too high, it can drain your bank account and make it hard to pay other bills. Comparing price quotes is a smart way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket. Because there are so many options when it comes to insurance, it’s nearly impossible to locate the best insurer.
Why Your Lexus IS 250 Car Insurance Might be Costing You More
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Auto insurance companies award discounts to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a guaranteed way to pay more for auto insurance. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- High deductibles save money – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, damage from fire, and burglary. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive on IS 250 insurance.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your Lexus IS 250 has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Even a single speeding ticket can increase rates by twenty percent. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who get serious violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Save money with special equipment – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
Finding Auto Insurance Deals
All the larger auto insurance companies quote prices on their websites. This process is quite easy as you just enter the amount of coverage you want into a form. Once you submit the form, their system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information determined by many factors. This simplifies rate comparisons, but the time required to go to different websites and enter the same data into a form is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the lowest price.
Rate comparisons made easy
An easier way to find lower prices uses one simple form to get prices from a lot of companies. It saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes quoting online much more enjoyable and efficient. Immediately after submitting the form, it is quoted and you can choose any one of the quotes returned. If a lower price is quoted, you simply finish the application and buy the policy. This process takes less than 15 minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here to open in a new tab and begin entering your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you will have comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
Lower Auto Insurance Rates by Qualifying for Discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get reduced rates on IS 250 insurance.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less on IS 250 insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Car insurance companies that may have these money-saving discounts are:
- State Farm
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
Double check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered in your area.
Car Insurance is Unique, Just Like You
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions can help discover if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Coverages Available on Your Policy for 2012 Lexus IS 250 Car Insurance
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like structural damage, loss of income and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2012 Lexus IS 250.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses for pain medications, rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care and X-ray expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as a broken windshield, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer and damage from flooding. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your IS 250 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Compare but Don’t Skimp
We just showed you many ideas to reduce 2012 Lexus IS 250 insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Budget-conscious insurance is available on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 2012 Lexus IS 250?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 2012 Lexus IS 250, consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare rates and coverage options. Get started by entering your ZIP code into our free quote tool to receive quotes from top car insurance companies.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Choosing a higher deductible can lower your insurance premium, but make sure you can afford to pay the deductible if you need to make a claim.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Having a history of safe driving can help you secure lower insurance rates.
- Explore available discounts: Inquire about any discounts you may be eligible for, such as multi-policy, multi-vehicle, or good driver discounts.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurance companies offer programs where your rates are based on your driving habits, potentially resulting in lower premiums if you have good driving behavior.
What factors influence the cost of insurance for a 2012 Lexus IS 250?
Several factors can affect the cost of insurance for a 2012 Lexus IS 250, including:
- Age and driving experience: Younger and inexperienced drivers typically pay higher insurance premiums.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary based on your location due to factors like crime rates and accident frequency in the area.
- Vehicle usage: The intended use of your Lexus IS 250, such as personal or business, can impact insurance rates.
- Coverage and deductible: The type and level of coverage you choose, as well as your deductible amount, can affect your insurance premium.
- Driving record: A history of accidents or traffic violations can result in higher insurance rates.
- Credit history: Some insurance providers consider credit history when determining premiums.
- Safety features: The presence of safety features in your 2012 Lexus IS 250, such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, or an anti-theft system, can potentially lower your insurance costs.
Are there any specific insurance providers known for offering affordable rates for a 2012 Lexus IS 250?
While specific insurance rates can vary based on individual circumstances, it’s generally a good idea to consider obtaining quotes from various insurance providers. Some well-known insurance companies often offer competitive rates for auto insurance, including:
- State Farm
- USAA (for military personnel and their families)
Are there any insurance discounts available specifically for a 2012 Lexus IS 250?
Insurance discounts can vary depending on the insurance provider, but some common discounts that may apply to a 2012 Lexus IS 250 (or any vehicle) include:
- Multi-policy discount: If you insure your Lexus IS 250 and other policies, such as home or renters insurance, with the same provider, you may qualify for a discount.
- Multi-vehicle discount: If you insure multiple vehicles on the same policy, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Good driver discount: Maintaining a clean driving record with no accidents or traffic violations can often lead to discounted rates.
- Safety features discount: If your 2012 Lexus IS 250 is equipped with safety features like anti-lock brakes, airbags, or an anti-theft system, you may qualify for a discount.
- Low mileage discount: If you don’t drive your Lexus IS 250 extensively, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Good student discount: If you have a student driver with good grades, you may qualify for discounted rates.
- Pay-in-full discount: Some insurers offer discounts if you pay your premium in full rather than in installments.
Are there any additional tips to lower the cost of insurance for my 2012 Lexus IS 250?
Here are some additional tips to potentially reduce the cost of insurance for your 2012 Lexus IS 250:
- Take a defensive driving course: Successfully completing a defensive driving course can sometimes qualify you for discounted rates.
- Maintain a good credit score: Some insurance companies consider credit history when determining premiums, so maintaining a good credit score may help lower your rates.
- Remove unnecessary coverage: Review your insurance policy to ensure you’re not paying for coverage you don’t need, but be cautious to maintain adequate protection.
- Avoid filing small claims: Consider handling minor damages out of pocket instead of filing a claim, as multiple claims can lead to higher premiums.
- Regularly review your policy: As your circumstances change, such as moving or adding safety features, update your insurance provider to see if it affects your rates.
- Bundle insurance policies: If you have multiple insurance needs, bundling them with one provider may result in discounted rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area