Subaru Subaru Forester Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 13, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Consumers who are new to the process of price shopping insurance online will discover buying cheap auto insurance is not as easy as it seems.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using this information. Finding affordable car insurance coverage is quite easy. But drivers must know how the larger insurance companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
Compare Insurance Today
The are a couple different ways to compare quotes from insurance companies in your area. The quickest method to compare 2012 Subaru Forester insurance prices consists of obtaining rate quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The best way to find the lowest comparison rates would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This form prevents you from having to do separate quotation requests to each individual insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form gets you coverage quotes from multiple low-cost companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A different way to find lower rates requires you to visit each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For examples sake, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from GEICO, Farmers and Allstate. To find out each rate you need to go to every website and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The least recommended way of comparing rate quotes is to spend time driving to and from local insurance agencies. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the professional guidance of a licensed agent. Drivers can comparison shop online but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make sure you use identical coverage limits and deductibles with each company. If you are comparing differing limits then you won’t be able to decipher which rate is best. Quoting even small variations in coverages could mean much higher rates. And when comparison shopping, getting more free quotes gives you a better chance of getting better pricing.
Cut prices on Subaru Forester insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less on Forester insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off on Forester insurance with certain companies.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Distant Student – Children living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance on Forester insurance.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in high school.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
Companies that may offer these money-saving discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Double check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Car insurance coverages for a 2012 Subaru Forester
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hitting a deer, hitting a bird and hail damage. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Forester resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Subaru Forester.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability auto insurance
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things such as medical services, loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses like dental work, rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits and hospital visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area