Cheapest 2012 Subaru Impreza Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Feel like you’re a prisoner to an overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
Numerous insurers battle for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every provider to get the cheapest price
Why your Subaru Impreza insurance rates may be high
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining insurance coverage rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Driving with no insurance is against the law and insurance coverage companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – A driver’s credit history is a large factor in determining your rates. So if your credit score is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your 2012 Subaru Impreza by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Most insurers will give a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Pay less after the wedding – Getting married helps lower the price on insurance coverage. Having a spouse means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Even one ticket can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. If you have dangerous violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Auto insurance companies generally give cheaper rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Car Insurance Quote Comparison
Shopping for lower car insurance rates can be a lot of work if you aren’t aware of the most efficient way to do it. You can waste hours discussing policy coverages with agents in your area, or you can utilize the web to quickly compare rates.
All the larger companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers enter their coverage request one time, and each company returns a competitive quote based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do quotation requests for each company.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now click here (opens in new window).
The single downside to comparing rates this way is you cannot specify which companies you want to price. So if you want to choose specific insurance companies to compare, we have a page of low cost car insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you’re using the exact same coverage information on every quote. If you are comparing mixed coverages then you won’t be able to determine the lowest rate for your Subaru Impreza. Just a small difference in coverages may cause a big price difference. And when price shopping your coverage, more quotes helps locate lower pricing.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Impreza insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down your premiums.
Insurance companies that may offer these benefits are:
Before buying, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not apply everywhere.
When might I need an agent?
When buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverages for a Subaru Impreza
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the normal coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Liability auto insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things such as attorney fees, loss of income, pain and suffering, medical services and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Subaru Impreza.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills like surgery, pain medications and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – This pays for damage to your Impreza resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird and fire damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Feed the piggy bank
Discount 2012 Subaru Impreza insurance is available both online in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
We covered a lot of tips how to reduce insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with a small local company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More detailed auto insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are my Subaru Impreza insurance rates high?
Several factors can contribute to high insurance rates for a Subaru Impreza. These factors include the model year, location, driving record, coverage options, and the insurance company’s underwriting criteria. It’s important to understand these factors to make informed decisions and potentially lower your insurance costs.
How can I compare car insurance quotes?
Comparing car insurance quotes can be done efficiently online. By entering your ZIP code on our website, you can access a free quote tool that provides you with multiple quotes from different insurance companies. This allows you to easily compare rates and coverage options, helping you find the most affordable insurance for your 2012 Subaru Impreza.
What discounts are available for car insurance?
Car insurance companies offer various discounts that can help reduce your premiums. Some common discounts include safe driver discounts, good student discounts, multi-policy discounts, and anti-theft device discounts. It’s important to inquire about available discounts when obtaining quotes from insurance companies to ensure you’re maximizing your savings.
When might I need to consult an insurance agent?
While comparing car insurance options online is convenient, there may be instances where consulting an insurance agent would be beneficial. If you have specific questions about coverage options, need assistance with complex insurance needs, or prefer personalized advice, an agent can provide guidance and help you make informed decisions.
What are the different car insurance coverages for a Subaru Impreza?
Car insurance typically includes liability coverage, which protects you from damages or injuries you cause to others. It may also include uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, which provides protection if you’re involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver. Additionally, there are coverages like medical payments coverage, collision coverage, and comprehensive coverage, each serving different purposes. Understanding these coverages will help you choose the right options for your Subaru Impreza.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area