Cheapest 2013 Subaru Outback Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Subaru Outback? Sick and tired of being strong-armed to buy car insurance? Your situation is no different than many other consumers.
Numerous car insurance companies battle for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive best rate
Get Subaru Outback Insurance That Meets Your Needs
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best way” to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2013 Subaru Outback?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent.
Subaru Outback Insurance Coverage
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Subaru Outback.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is an important protection for you and your family. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Medical and PIP Coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills for things like hospital visits, pain medications, doctor visits, and funeral costs. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism, and hitting a deer. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Outback caused by a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pothole, and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical services, legal defense fees, loss of income, emergency aid and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Discounts on Subaru Outback Car Insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% for Outback coverage with a few auto insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- No Claims – claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may qualify for reduced rates for Outback coverage.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collisions. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
Insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply everywhere.
Compare Auto Insurance Quotes and Save
Budget-conscious 2013 Subaru Outback insurance is available on the web in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the best prices are with the smaller companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big-name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
How much does a 2013 Subaru Outback cost?
According to Kelley Blue Book, a Subaru Outback from 2013 cost starts at around $11,000. But, when buying an older, used car, you need to consider more than just the purchase price. The ongoing cost of a 2013 Subaru Outback will also include maintenance fees and, of course, car insurance.
By comparison shopping for car insurance and taking advantage of the discounts mentioned above you can keep the auto insurance rates on your 2013 Subaru Outback down.
Don’t Be Fooled by Advertising Claims
Insurance coverage companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive consistently run ads on television and other media. They all seem to say the same thing you’ll save big if you change your policy. How do they all claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies can use profiling for the type of customer that makes them money. An example of a profitable customer might be profiled as over the age of 40, owning a home, and driving newer vehicles. Any driver who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and as a result, will probably save when they switch companies.
Consumers who fall outside these standards will have to pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can make those claims.
Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to compare as many rates as you can. It’s not possible to predict which insurance coverage company will have the lowest Subaru Outback insurance rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
What coverages are typically found on an average auto insurance policy?
- Liability Coverage: Protects against damage caused to a person or their property that is your fault.
- Collision Coverage: Covers damage to your vehicle caused by a collision with an object or car.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Pays for damage other than collision, such as vandalism or hitting a deer.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage: Protects you when the other driver doesn’t have enough liability coverage.
- Medical and PIP Coverage: Covers medical expenses and related costs for you and your passengers.
How can I determine the right insurance coverage for my Subaru Outback?
- Assess your situation: Consider factors like your driving habits, the value of your vehicle, and your personal preferences.
- Consult an insurance agent: If you find it difficult to answer relevant questions, an agent can assist you in determining the appropriate coverage.
What are the discounts available for Subaru Outback car insurance?
Many discounts may be available, such as:
- Good driver discount
- Multiple policy discount
- Safety features discount
- Anti-theft device discount
- Low mileage discount
- Good student discount
How can I save money on auto insurance for my Subaru Outback?
- Compare quotes: Obtain quotes from different companies to find the best rate.
- Take advantage of discounts: Ask about available discounts and ensure they are applied to your policy.
- Consider coverage options: Adjust your coverage limits and deductibles to find a balance between cost and protection.
- Drive safely: Maintaining a clean driving record can help reduce insurance premiums.
Should I be cautious of advertising claims from insurance companies?
Yes, advertising claims should be approached with caution. It’s important to compare rates from multiple companies to find the best deal. Insurance companies may use profiling to target specific customer profiles and may not provide the same savings to everyone.
How can I compare auto insurance rates?
- Use online resources: Utilize online quote tools to compare rates from different companies.
- Contact insurance agents: Speak with agents who can provide quotes and help you find the best rate.
- Consider regional insurance providers: Smaller companies may offer competitive rates in certain areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area