2015 Subaru Outback Insurance Quotes – 10 Discounts for Cheapest Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Purchasing affordable car insurance over the internet can seem to be difficult for people who are new to online price comaprisons. With so many online companies, how can drivers have a chance to compare them all to find the best pricing?
These ten discounts can lower your rates
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates for Outback coverage.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for Outback coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Subaru can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of companies with discount car insurance rates, click this link.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage Rates
There are multiple methods to shop for 2015 Subaru Outback insurance coverage, but there is one way that is less time-consuming than others. You could waste a few hours driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes to get pricing more quickly.
All the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace where insurance shoppers submit one quote, and each participating company then returns a price quote based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing quote forms to every company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to comparing rates this way is buyers cannot specifically choose the providers to receive prices from. If you would rather choose specific insurance companies to compare prices, we put together a list of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make absolute certain that you use identical coverage limits and deductibles with each company. If the quotes have different values for each quote then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best. Slightly different coverage limits could mean much higher rates. Just keep in mind that comparing more company’s prices helps locate the best offered rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Different people need different coverages
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical expense insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills for chiropractic care, surgery and nursing services. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverages – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car, driving through your garage door and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as vandalism, rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and fire damage. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability insurance – This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Subaru Outback.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Smart shoppers get results
Cheaper 2015 Subaru Outback insurance can be purchased from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered many ways to save on insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area