2014 Buick Encore Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can take a big chunk out of your bank account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing price quotes is free and is an excellent way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Having so many options when it comes to car insurance, it is hard for the average consumer to pick the right provider.
Automobile Insurance Quotes
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes from local auto insurance companies. The best method to find the cheapest 2014 Buick Encore insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The fastest way to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This easy form saves time by eliminating separate quotation requests to each individual auto insurance company. Completing one form will get you price quotes instantly.
- Another way to compare rate quotes requires visiting each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For example, let’s say you want comparison quotes from State Farm, Allstate and Progressive. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make absolute certain that you use exactly the same quote information for every quote you compare. If you enter unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to make a fair comparison for your Buick Encore. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages may result in a large different in cost. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes provides better odds of finding a better price.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every available discount very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off for Encore coverage with select insurance companies.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small decrease in premiums for Encore coverage.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Buick could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts, click here.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Coverages available on your policy
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages offered by insurance companies.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses like hospital visits, doctor visits, chiropractic care, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Collision – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Encore from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive insurance – This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as vandalism, damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding and hitting a bird. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Buick Encore.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Liability car insurance – Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability can pay for claims such as structural damage, attorney fees, medical services and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area