How Much Does 2014 Kia Sedona Car Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower auto insurance rates for your Kia Sedona? Feel like you’re a prisoner to high-priced auto insurance? Trust us, you’re not the only one.
You have so many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, too many choices makes it more difficult to locate the cheapest rates.
It’s a good idea to compare prices at least once a year because rates are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best deal on Sedona insurance two years ago you can probably find a better price now. Starting right now, block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Discounts are basically free money
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all their discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less on Sedona insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums on Sedona insurance.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may trigger a car insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount on Sedona insurance depending on your company.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies that may have these benefits include:
Double check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not apply in every state.
Auto Insurance Prices Online
There are multiple methods you can shop for 2014 Kia Sedona auto insurance and some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could waste time talking to insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to get prices fast.
Many insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers complete one form, and each participating company returns a rated price based on that information. This prevents consumers from doing repetitive form submissions to every company.
To compare 2014 Kia Sedona rates now click here (opens in new window).
The only drawback to pricing coverage this way is that consumers can’t choose which carriers you will receive quotes from. So if you prefer to choose specific providers to compare rates, we have a page of companies who write auto insurance in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Whichever way you use, ensure you’re using identical deductibles and coverage limits for each price quote. If the quotes have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Kia Sedona. Just a small difference in insurance coverages can result in a big premium difference. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that getting more free quotes helps you find lower pricing.
Factors determining your Kia Sedona insurance premium
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into premiums.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent auto theft.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Both sexes tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, vandalism, and burglary. The more money you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Sedona insurance.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are a lot of extra coverages you can purchase on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to bump up your auto insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Where you live – Being located in a small town has it’s advantages when it comes to auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Having a bad credit score is a important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Therefore, if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2014 Kia Sedona by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
What car insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of car insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverage types found on most car insurance policies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Kia Sedona.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield and theft. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, bail bonds, legal defense fees and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills for rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs, dental work, prosthetic devices and pain medications. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Be Smart and Buy Smart
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to save on 2014 Kia Sedona insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Cheaper insurance is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area