2014 Nissan Xterra Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 23, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2014 Nissan Xterra are $1,072 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs approximately $198, collision insurance costs $260, and liability coverage costs $456. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $508 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $2,298 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,218 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,072
Rate estimates for 2014 Nissan Xterra Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2014 Nissan Xterra models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range range from as low as $508 for just liability coverage to the much higher price of $2,298 for high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why everyone should compare rates using their specific location and risk profile, rather than using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2014 Nissan Xterra Insurance
Searching for lower car insurance rates for your Nissan Xterra? Locating low-cost insurance for a new or used Nissan Xterra could be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to make it easier. There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online so you’re going to learn the best way to compare rates on a Nissan and locate the cheapest rates either online or from local insurance agents.
Discounts are basically free money
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance coverage. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% for Xterra coverage with select insurance companies.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Nissan can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies will give a small break for buying your policy over the internet.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of companies who offer insurance coverage discounts, click here to view.
How to Get Cheap Insurance
Reducing your 2014 Nissan Xterra insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. All you need to do is spend a little time getting comparison quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The most efficient way to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This form keeps you from doing separate quotes for every insurance company. Filling out one form gets rate comparisons from insurance companies with the best prices. This is by far the quickest method.
- A less efficient way to get comparison quotes requires visiting the website of each company and request a quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want to compare Auto-Owners, Progressive and GEICO. To find out each rate you need to visit each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming method to compare rates is to spend your day driving to different agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the personal advice of a local agent. You can, however, comparison shop your insurance online and still use a local agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
It’s up to you which method you use, but double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles with each company. If you are comparing higher or lower deductibles it will be next to impossible to decipher which rate is best.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2014 Nissan Xterra?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2014 Nissan Xterra?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as prosthetic devices, hospital visits, funeral costs and chiropractic care. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability insurance covers claims such as bail bonds, structural damage, loss of income, medical expenses and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Nissan Xterra.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism, hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from flooding. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This pays for damage to your Xterra from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car, crashing into a building and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Keep this in mind
Cheaper 2014 Nissan Xterra insurance can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
People switch companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service, delays in paying claims or extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
You just read a lot of tips how to get a better price on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies.
Much more information about auto insurance can be found on the following sites:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,695|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,833|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$67|
|5-yr Claim Free||$67|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$40|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.