2015 Acura MDX Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 28, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2015 Acura MDX are $1,352 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive insurance costs on average $292, collision costs $450, and liability costs $452. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $504 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $2,906 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $5,080 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,352
Rate estimates for 2015 Acura MDX Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2015 Acura MDX models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range go from as low as $504 for the bare minimum liability coverage to a much higher rate of $2,906 for high-risk insurance.
These differences illustrate why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2015 Acura MDX Insurance
Expensive insurance coverage can take a big chunk out of your personal savings and force you to prioritize other expenses. Doing a price comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate all claim big savings with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flashy ads and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Pay less for 2015 Acura MDX insurance
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% on MDX coverage with certain companies.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can help you save on insurance because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of providers with the best insurance discounts, click this link.
Auto Insurance Quote Comparison
Cutting your auto insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. The only requirement is to invest a little time to compare quotes online with multiple companies. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The single most time-saving way consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This type of form prevents you from having to do multiple quote forms for every auto insurance company. One simple form gets rate comparisons from multiple companies.
- A less efficient way to obtain and compare quotes online consists of going to each company website to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want to compare rates from Nationwide, Farmers and Allstate. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles with each company. If your comparisons have different deductibles it will be next to impossible to decipher which rate is best.
Complexity of Acura MDX insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for insurance coverage. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
Listed below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Acura MDX earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- More miles equals more premium – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies apply a rate based on their usage. Autos used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your insurance coverage declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect usage on your MDX may be wasting your money.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Acura from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and burglary. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be on MDX coverage.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Big city or small town – Choosing to live in a rural area can be a good thing when talking about insurance coverage. Drivers in populated areas have much more traffic and longer commute times. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause accidents at about the same rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the right insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- What is PIP insurance?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2015 Acura MDX?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Drivers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings by companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads make the same claim about savings if you change to them.
How does each company say the same thing? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that makes them money. For example, a desirable insured could be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and chooses high deductibles. Any driver who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who don’t meet this ideal profile will be charged higher rates which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
That is why drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Acura MDX insurance.
Learn about insurance coverages for an Acura MDX
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Acura MDX.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical expenses, bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
This covers damage to your MDX from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hail damage, a broken windshield, hitting a deer, falling objects and theft. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
In this article, we presented many ways to shop for 2015 Acura MDX insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When shopping online for insurance coverage, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
More information can be read at these links:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,136|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,307|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$94|
|5-yr Claim Free||$87|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$58|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.