Cheapest 2015 Chevrolet Camaro Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 19, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper car insurance for a used Chevy Camaro can be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to save time.
There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get quotes for a new or used Chevy and obtain the best price possible from local insurance agents and online providers.
You should take the time to compare rates on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest price on Camaro coverage two years ago there may be better deals available now.
So just ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the best methods to lower your annual insurance bill.
Chevrolet Camaro Insurance Prices Online
Shopping for lower insurance rates can take time and effort if you don’t utilize it in the most efficient way. You could spend your day discussing policy coverages with agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting for quick rates.
Most major companies take part in a program that enables customers to submit their information once, and every company can give them a price based on that data. This eliminates the need for quote requests for each company you want a rate for.
The only downside to using this type of form is you don’t know exactly which carriers to receive prices from. So if you want to choose individual companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of companies who write insurance in your area.
Which method you use is up to you, but make absolutely certain that you use the exact same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote you get. If you are comparing different values for each quote then you won’t be able to make an equal comparison.
Save on Chevy Camaro Car Insurance With These Discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every discount very well, so we break down some of the more common and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy over the internet.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. A good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Camaro coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Chevrolet Camaro Car Insurance Basics
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions that might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out of state?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent.
Factors that Affect Chevy Camaro Car Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining your auto insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle them to big savings.
- More claims mean more premium – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies award better rates to drivers who are claim-free. Auto insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translate into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you at lower rates. If your Chevy Camaro earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are many additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem good at first, but if you don’t need them to eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Car features impact rates – Driving a car with a theft-deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems, or GM’s OnStar system all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Never go without insurance – Driving with no insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Occupations such as real estate brokers, architects and stockbrokers tend to pay the highest rates due to stressful work requirements and long workdays. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, students, and the unemployed have the lowest average rates on Camaro coverage.
- Big city or small town – living in small towns and rural areas has its advantages when buying auto insurance. A lower population means reduced accidents. Urban drivers tend to have congested traffic and a long drive to work. Longer commute distances means more chance of being in an accident.
- How’s your driving record? – Only having one ticket may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with severe tickets such as hit and run, DWI, or reckless driving convictions are required to file an SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Chevrolet Camaro Coverage Options
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like vandalism, damage from flooding, and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most an insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Medical Payments and PIP Coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills such as X-ray expenses, funeral costs, chiropractic care, and hospital visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your Camaro resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pothole, and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower-value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) Coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your 2015 Chevy Camaro.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is an important protection for you and your family.
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like court costs, emergency aid, and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Shop Smart to Save on Chevrolet Camaro Car Insurance
When buying insurance coverage, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to find the best coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
We covered many tips on how you can lower your 2015 Chevy Camaro insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the best prices with a small mutual company.
Low-cost insurance is definitely available online and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
How much does a 2015 Chevrolet Camaro cost?
The average starting price for a 2015 Chevy Camaro is about $17,000. In 2022, a new Camaro will cost nearly $10,000 more.
If you are shopping for a used Camaro to save money, it makes sense that you’ll want to save money on your car insurance as well. By using the tips discussed above you should have all you need to know to find affordable car insurance for your 2015 Chevy Camaro from car insurance providers near you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area