2015 Toyota Avalon Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 13, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest car insurance rates for your Toyota Avalon? Finding better rates for car insurance can be hard for consumers new to comparing rates online. People have so many companies to choose from that it can easily become a ton of work to find the best price.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. Basically, every vehicle owner who carries insurance should be able to reduce their rates. But drivers must know how companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
Lesser-known factors impacting Toyota Avalon insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are many extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying on your 2015 Avalon policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If your Toyota earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- How your age affects price – Young drivers have a tendency to be more careless behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a teenage driver onto a policy can break the bank. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies apply a rate based on their usage. Vehicles not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage. Incorrect usage on your Avalon can result in significantly higher rates.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Occupations such as doctors, social workers and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Other professions such as farmers, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates for Avalon insurance.
Car Insurance Comparison Rates
All the larger car insurance companies quote price estimates on their websites. The process is pretty easy as you just type in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, their system collects your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote determined by many factors.
Online quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but having to visit each company’s website and repetitively enter the same data into a form is not the best way to spend an afternoon. Unfortunately, it is important to do this in order to get the best price possible.
There is a better way to compare rates
A more efficient way to lower your rates uses one form that gets prices from a lot of companies. The form is fast, eliminates repetitive work, and makes comparison shopping much simpler. As soon as the form is sent, it is rated and you are able to buy any one of the returned quotes. If a lower price is quoted, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To compare rates using this form now, simply click here to open in new window and complete the simple form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you replicate the insurance coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you will have rate quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Don’t miss these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on insurance.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Avalon insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive reduced rates for Avalon insurance.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer some of the above discounts are:
Check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not apply in every state.
When might I need help?
When buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills for things like pain medications, dental work, funeral costs and chiropractic care. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as medical services, loss of income, medical expenses, court costs and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2015 Toyota Avalon.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a bird, vandalism and theft. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Avalon resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
The bottom line
Lower-priced 2015 Toyota Avalon insurance is available from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area