Cheapest 2016 Cadillac ATS Coupe Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper car insurance rates for your Cadillac ATS Coupe? No car owner looks forward to paying premiums for car insurance, especially when they know the price is too high. Popular companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate continually bombard you with ad campaigns and it is difficult to ignore the propoganda and find the best price available.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand most insurance companies pay for the opportunity to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information including types of safety features, distance driven, if you lease or own, and the year, make and model of vehicles. Your rating data gets transmitted to multiple top-rated companies and they respond with quotes very quickly.
Drivers who switch save $463 a year? Really?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads that claim the lowest rates by State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to have a common claim that drivers will save a bundle if you switch to them.
It sounds good, but how can they all charge you less for auto insurance? It’s all in how they say it.
Insurance providers give the cheapest rates for the right customer that earns them the highest profit. One example of a preferred risk may need to be between the ages of 40 and 55, has had continuous coverage, and has excellent credit. Anyone who fits that profile gets the lowest prices as well as save some money.
Potential insureds who do not fit this stringent profile may be required to pay a more expensive rate with the end result being the customer not purchasing. The trick companies use is to say “drivers that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much when switching. This is how insurance companies can confidently make claims that they all have the best prices.
Because of this risk profiling, drivers must compare rate quotes every year. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest premium rates for your situation.
Components of your Cadillac ATS Coupe insurance premiums
Many factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are more transparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The following are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your rate level.
- Buy as much liability coverage as you can afford – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that you are responsible for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Higher deductibles are cheaper – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your Cadillac. Some examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, hail damage, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. The more money you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be for ATS Coupe coverage.
- Age of drivers impacts prices – More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes are in accidents at a similar rate, but males cause more damage. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Affordable auto insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every disount available very well, so the next list breaks down both the well known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents get the best auto insurance rates as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy and place coverage with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off for ATS Coupe coverage with select insurance companies.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better rates.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include accident-free, driver’s education, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for good student, good driver, Switch & Save, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver discount, safety features, new vehicle discount, newly retired, multi-car, exclusive group savings, and hybrid vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, air bags, anti-theft, paperless, and paid in full.
- GEICO has savings for federal employee, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, daytime running lights, and defensive driver.
If you need lower rates, check with every company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your state. To choose insurance companies who offer cheap auto insurance quotes, click here.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your ATS Coupe resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like backing into a parked car, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things like bail bonds, legal defense fees, funeral expenses, attorney fees and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses such as dental work, chiropractic care, prosthetic devices and funeral costs. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, damage from flooding, falling objects and vandalism. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2016 Cadillac ATS Coupe.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Find Good Coverage for Less
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More affordable auto insurance is available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find cheaper car insurance rates for my Cadillac ATS Coupe?
To find cheaper car insurance rates for your Cadillac ATS Coupe, we recommend comparing insurance rates in your area. You can do this by providing some information, including types of safety features, distance driven, whether you lease or own the vehicle, and the year, make, and model of your car. This information will be transmitted to multiple top-rated companies, and they will respond with quotes quickly.
Do drivers really save $463 a year when they switch insurance companies?
Many insurance companies claim that drivers can save a significant amount of money when they switch to their company. However, it’s important to understand that these claims are based on specific customer profiles that fit the preferred risk criteria of the insurance providers. Drivers who meet certain requirements, such as being between the ages of 40 and 55, having continuous coverage, and having excellent credit, may be eligible for the lowest prices and savings. It’s recommended to compare rate quotes every year to find the insurance company that offers the lowest premium rates for your specific situation.
What factors are used to determine Cadillac ATS Coupe insurance premiums?
Insurance companies consider several factors when determining your Cadillac ATS Coupe insurance premiums. Some of these factors include your motor vehicle report, marital status, annual miles driven, types of safety features in your vehicle, and whether you lease or own the car. These factors help insurers assess the level of risk associated with insuring your vehicle.
What discounts are available for affordable auto insurance quotes?
Auto insurance companies offer various discounts that can help lower your rates. Some well-known discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts (if you have multiple insurance policies with the same company), and good student discounts. However, there are also hidden credits and deductions that may apply. It’s important to check with each company to determine the specific discounts that are available to you.
How do I choose the right insurance coverage for my Cadillac ATS Coupe?
Choosing the right insurance coverage for your Cadillac ATS Coupe depends on your personal situation and needs. There isn’t a “best” method that applies to everyone. Factors to consider include your budget, the value of your car, your driving habits, and your desired level of protection. It may be helpful to consult with an insurance agent who can provide professional guidance based on your specific circumstances.
What are the different coverages included in an insurance policy for a Cadillac ATS Coupe?
An insurance policy for a Cadillac ATS Coupe typically includes several types of coverage. These may include collision coverage, which pays for damage resulting from colliding with another car or object; liability auto insurance, which covers damage or injury to other people or property; medical payments and personal injury protection (PIP) coverage, which cover immediate expenses for medical care; comprehensive coverage, which covers damage caused by events like theft, vandalism, or natural disasters; and uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage, which protects you and your vehicle if you’re involved in an accident with someone who has insufficient or no liability coverage.
Remember, it’s important to thoroughly review your insurance policy to understand the specific coverages and limits it provides.
How can I find good coverage for less?
When looking to cut insurance costs, it’s not advisable to sacrifice coverage just to save money. The goal should be to find the best coverage at an affordable price while ensuring you have enough protection for your assets. To achieve this, it’s recommended to compare auto insurance quotes from both online companies and local agencies. Some insurance providers may not provide online quotes, so reaching out to independent agents who work with regional insurance providers can also be helpful.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area