Cheaper 2016 Ford Fiesta Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 2, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest car insurance rates? Shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for low-cost Ford Fiesta insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to price shop coverage on a Ford and locate the lowest price.
If you are insured now or need new coverage, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. This information will teach you the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. Drivers only need to know the most efficient way to get comparison quotes online.
Best discounts on 2016 Ford Fiesta coverage
Auto insurance companies do not list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
For a list of insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
These factors can influence what you pay for Ford Fiesta insurance
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” insurance coverage companies consider when setting premiums.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability insurance is the protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Pay less if you’re married – Being married actually saves money on your insurance coverage policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as doctors, business owners and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average because of high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations such as pilots, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates on Fiesta coverage.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Only having one citation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers with serious tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Ford Fiesta is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- What if I total my 2016 Ford Fiesta and owe more than it’s worth?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive insurance – This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance pays for damage to your Fiesta caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for liability – This coverage will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like court costs, emergency aid, legal defense fees, pain and suffering and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses for things like chiropractic care, rehabilitation expenses, nursing services and surgery. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Ford Fiesta.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Quote more, save more
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to reduce 2016 Ford Fiesta insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
Budget-conscious insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area