Cheapest 2016 Ford Focus RS Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Locating low-cost insurance for your Ford Focus RS can normally be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to save time. There is a better way to find auto insurance online so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a new or used Ford and find the best price possible from local insurance agents and online providers.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews because rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the lowest rate for Focus RS insurance on your last policy you will most likely find a better price today. There are lots of tips to save on auto insurance online but in this article, you’re going to get the best ways to find cheap auto insurance.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, you can use this information to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Shopping for the lowest cost car insurance is quite easy. Consumers just need to know the proper way to compare price quotes over the internet.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few need to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Free – Drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates for Focus RS insurance.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Theft Deterent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance coverage companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of insurance coverage companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, good student, driver’s education, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, federal employee, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
- 21st Century offers discounts for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, good student, theft prevention, and automatic seat belts.
- American Family offers discounts including Steer into Savings, good driver, air bags, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford may include discounts for good student, air bag, defensive driver, bundle, and driver training.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-car, education and occupation, multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, and pay-in-full.
If you want cheap insurance coverage quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply to policies in every state. To view companies that offer discounts, click here to view.
How to get free auto insurance quotes online
Performing a rate comparison can be exhausting if you don’t understand the most efficient way to do it. You can waste a few hours (or days) discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting to get rates in a matter of minutes.
The majority of car insurance companies belong to a marketplace that enables customers to complete one form, and every company can give them a price for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions to every company.
To compare pricing click here to open in new window.
The only drawback to using this type of form is you are unable to specify which insurance companies you want pricing from. So if you want to select specific insurance companies to receive pricing from, we have a listing of auto insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just be sure you’re using identical information with each company. If your comparisons have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to determine which company has the best rates.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2016 Ford Focus RS?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Coverages available on your policy
Knowing the specifics of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills for doctor visits, EMT expenses, funeral costs, X-ray expenses and surgery. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
This covers damage to your Focus RS resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree, driving through your garage door and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Ford Focus RS.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft, a broken windshield and damage from flooding. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like court costs, medical services, repair costs for stationary objects and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford.
More quotes mean more savings
There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get quotes online small, regional companies work with independent agents. Lower-priced 2016 Ford Focus RS insurance can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture.
We just showed you a lot of information how to get a better price on 2016 Ford Focus RS insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with an unexpected company.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices or questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors affect the insurance rates for a 2016 Ford Focus RS?
Insurance rates are influenced by factors such as your driving record, age, location, credit score, the value of your vehicle, the deductible and coverage limits you choose, and the insurance company’s underwriting criteria.
Does the color of my Ford Focus RS affect my insurance rates?
No, the color of your vehicle does not typically impact insurance rates. Factors like the make, model, age, and value of the car are more influential.
Can I get insurance coverage if I have a modified 2016 Ford Focus RS?
Yes, but modifications can affect your insurance rates. It’s important to inform your insurance provider about any modifications you’ve made to your vehicle to ensure you have appropriate coverage.
Can I get a discount if I install additional safety features in my Ford Focus RS?
Yes, certain safety features like anti-theft systems, airbags, and advanced driver-assistance systems can potentially earn you discounts on your insurance premiums.
Does the location where I live impact my insurance rates for a Ford Focus RS?
Yes, your location plays a role in determining insurance rates. Factors such as population density, crime rates, and the likelihood of accidents in your area can affect your premiums.
Can I save money on insurance by bundling my Ford Focus RS coverage with other policies?
Yes, many insurance companies offer discounts if you bundle your auto insurance with other policies like homeowners or renters insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area