Cheapest 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did you come to the realization that you have overpriced insurance? Believe me, there are lots of people in the same boat.
Because you have many insurance companies to choose from, it can be impossible to pick the right insurer.
Consumers should take time to check insurance prices once or twice a year since prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best rates for Outlander Sport coverage a couple years back there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad information regarding insurance online, but we’re going to give you the best ways to lower your insurance premiums.
Decisions you make can impact your insurance rates
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for car insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Age of drivers – More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Inexperience drivers are proven to get distracted easily when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Guys pay more for auto insurance – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes tend to get into auto accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. They also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 have the highest risk to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
- Only buy incidental coverages you need – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea at first, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Advanced GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system help track and prevent car theft.
How to get affordable insurance coverage
To find more affordable prices, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from many different insurance companies. The quickest method to lower the rate you pay for 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport insurance involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be accomplished by using one of the methods below.
- One of the simplest ways to get the best comparison quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This type of form prevents you from having to do separate quote forms to each individual insurance coverage company. One quote request gets coverage cost estimates from multiple low-cost companies.
- Another way to get comparison quotes is spending the time to visit the website of each company and fill out their own quote form. For example, let’s assume you want rates from Allstate, Liberty Mutual and GMAC. You would have to spend time going to each site individually to enter the same coverage data repeatedly, which explains why we recommend starting with the first method. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
Whichever way you use, make sure you compare equivalent coverage limits and deductibles on every quote you get. If you are comparing different coverage information you can’t possibly make an equal comparison. Just slight variations in limits can make a big difference in price. And when comparing insurance coverage rates, know that quoting more will improve the odds of getting a better price. Not every company provides price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from them as well.
Affordable auto insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all their discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less for Outlander Sport coverage compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Sign Early and Save – Select auto insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies permit an accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, air bags, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Farmers may offer discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, claim-free, and good driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Travelers has savings for multi-car, good student, continuous insurance, driver training, IntelliDrive, and home ownership.
- SAFECO includes discounts for drive less, anti-theft, teen safe driver, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, and safe driver.
- AAA offers discounts for pay-in-full, anti-theft, good student, AAA membership discount, good driver, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find inexpensive insurance quotes, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To find providers with significant discounts, click here.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area.
Car insurance coverages for a 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Liability coverage – This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as bail bonds, structural damage, loss of income and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverages – This coverage pays for damage to your Outlander Sport resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft, rock chips in glass and falling objects. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses such as dental work, hospital visits, surgery and doctor visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Summing up your insurance coverage search
We just covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport insurance. The key thing to remember is the more you quote insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the best premium rates are with a small local company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Budget-conscious 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport insurance is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find affordable insurance coverage for my 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport?
To find more affordable prices, you can compare rate quotes from different insurance companies. The quickest way to do this is by getting comparison quotes online. Make sure to compare equivalent coverage limits and deductibles on every quote you receive to make an accurate comparison.
Are there any discounts available to lower auto insurance rates?
Yes, many car insurance companies offer discounts that can help lower your rates. Some common discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, good student discounts, and anti-theft device discounts. Ask each company or agent you’re considering what discounts are available to you.
How should I tailor my insurance coverage to suit my needs?
There is no “best” method for buying coverage, as it should be tailored to your specific needs. Consider factors such as your budget, the value of your vehicle, your driving habits, and your risk tolerance. If you’re unsure about your insurance needs, consider speaking with an agent who can provide professional advice.
What are the different types of coverages I should consider for my 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport?
The usual coverages found on an average insurance policy include:
- Liability coverage: Protects you against claims from others for damage or injury caused by your vehicle.
- Collision coverage: Pays for damage to your vehicle resulting from collisions with objects or other vehicles.
- Comprehensive coverage: Covers damage to your vehicle from non-collision incidents like theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) or Med Pay: Reimburse you for medical expenses resulting from accidents, regardless of fault.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) coverage: Provides protection when you’re involved in an accident with an at-fault driver who doesn’t have insurance or has insufficient coverage.
How much liability coverage should I purchase?
The amount of liability coverage you should purchase depends on your personal circumstances and financial situation. It’s recommended to purchase as high a limit as you can afford since liability coverage is relatively inexpensive. Higher liability limits provide better protection in the event of a serious accident.
How often should I check insurance prices and switch providers?
It’s a good idea to check insurance prices once or twice a year since rates tend to change over time. Just because you found the best rates a couple of years ago doesn’t mean there aren’t better deals available now. Comparison shopping can help you find the most competitive rates, and switching providers when it makes financial sense can result in savings.
How can I be sure I’m getting the best insurance rates for my 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport?
The key to finding the best rates is to quote insurance from multiple sources. By comparing quotes from different companies, including both online quotes and quotes from local independent agencies, you increase your chances of finding the most affordable premium rates. Keep in mind that smaller regional companies may offer competitive rates for niche markets.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area