Mitsubishi Mitsubishi Outlander Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 30, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an underperforming, overpriced insurance coverage policy? Don’t sweat it because you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse. Consumers have so many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, it makes it harder to get the best deal.
You should make it a habit to shop coverage around occasionally because rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best rate for Outlander coverage six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of bad advice regarding insurance coverage online, but you can learn some tested techniques to lower your insurance coverage bill.
Good decisions result in lower insurance premiums
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that help determine your policy premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
- Driving citations will cost you – Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Even one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who get dangerous citations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – The majority of companies apply discounts to people that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – Policies have additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- What’s your car’s crash test rating? – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Mitsubishi Outlander is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Credit rating impacts premium costs – Credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have bad credit. If your credit is not that good, you may save money insuring your 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Limits of liability protection – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense starting from day one. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Discounts for affordable insurance rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may be missing some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy life insurance.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your next insurance statement.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them sucessfully take a drivers education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, multi-policy, military active duty, membership and employees, seat belt use, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA may include discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, safe driver, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- American Family discounts include good student, air bags, early bird, Steer into Savings, and bundled insurance.
- Esurance includes discounts for emergency road assistance, anti-theft, multi-car, paid-in-full, defensive driver, Switch & Save, and online shopper.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for homeowner, teen driver, switch companies, good student, alternative fuel, and distant student.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, passive restraint, multiple policy, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in every state.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When buying the best car insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- When can I cancel my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete your zip code. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage, falling objects and hitting a deer. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Mitsubishi Outlander.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays for damage to your Outlander resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like backing into a parked car, crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills such as hospital visits, funeral costs, prosthetic devices and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims like court costs, medical expenses and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
A penny earned…
Lower-priced auto insurance is definitely available on the web and from local agencies, so you need to shop auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
As you quote auto insurance, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area