How Much Does 2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 13, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance rates for your Toyota RAV4 Hybrid? If you are a novice to online insurance shopping, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the crazy number of insurance providers vying for business.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to save some money using this strategy. Shopping for the lowest cost insurance is not that difficult. But consumers do need to learn how big insurance companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
The best way we recommend to compare rates is to know the trick all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them rating details like the ages of drivers, if a SR-22 is needed, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and your education level. That information gets transmitted to many of the top insurers and they return cost estimate with very little delay.
To compare rates for your Toyota RAV4 Hybrid now, click here then complete the form.
Find discounts on insurance coverage
Insurance coverage is not an enjoyable expense, but you can get discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some of these disounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy insurance online.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on insurance quote in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Toyota could earn substantially lower prices.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home can save you money because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance coverage company to spy on driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Some of the larger companies that may offer most of the discounts above include:
- Mercury Insurance
If you want low cost insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in every state. To view insurance companies with discount rates, click this link.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is the ISO rating for a 2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Is my 2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid covered for smoke damage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Buy Toyota RAV4 Hybrid insurance for less
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but some are less apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
- Certain occupations raise insurance coverage rates – Jobs such as real estate brokers, social workers and stock brokers are shown to have the highest average rates due to stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, professions such as professors, engineers and homemakers have the lowest average rates for RAV4 Hybrid coverage.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are quite a few additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
- Lower rates come with age – Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents , and are generally more financially stable.Youthful drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when driving with friends therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Toyota. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, flood damage, or theft. The deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay before your insurance coverage pays a claim. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive for RAV4 Hybrid coverage.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Popular insurance providers such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO seem to constantly run ads in print and on television. They all seem to make the same claim that people will save if you change to them. Is it even possible that every company can have lower policy pricing? Here is the trick they use.
Insurance companies quote their cheapest rates for a prospective insured they prefer to insure. One example of a driver they prefer may be married and over the age of 30, has a low-risk occupation, and chooses high deductibles. A customer who matches that profile may get the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Potential insureds who do not match the “perfect” profile may be forced to pay a higher rate and this results in the customer buying from a different company. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “people that switch” not “all people who quote” can save as much as they claim. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently state the savings. This illustrates why it is so important to do a quote comparison often. It’s not possible to predict which insurance company will have the best premium rates at this point in time.
Parts of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees, court costs and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as falling objects, a broken windshield, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses like prosthetic devices, hospital visits and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This pays for damage to your RAV4 Hybrid resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Toyota RAV4 Hybrid.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
One last thing about your coverage
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on 2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid insurance. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Discount 2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid insurance can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide price quotes online and many times these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price.
More information can be read at these links:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Atlanta? (AtlantaMetroInsurance.com)
- How Much are Corpus Christi Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (CorpusChristiCoverage.com)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area