Cheap 2016 Toyota Tacoma Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 18, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better 2016 Toyota Tacoma insurance rates? Expensive car insurance can drain your bank account and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparison shopping is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Since consumers have many different company options, it can be challenging to pick the right provider.
It’s a good habit to compare prices yearly since insurance rates change regularly. Even if you think you had the best price on Tacoma coverage a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the quickest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
The purpose of this article is to introduce you to the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. But drivers do need to know how insurance companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Compare the Market for 2016 Toyota Tacoma Insurance
There are several ways to compare quotes from local car insurance companies. The fastest way to find the cheapest 2016 Toyota Tacoma insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The best way to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This easy form saves time by eliminating boring form submissions for every car insurance company. A single form gets rate comparisons instantly.
- A different way to get comparison quotes consists of going to the website for every company you want to comare to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, we’ll assume you want rates from Liberty Mutual, Farmers and Allstate. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming way to compare rates is driving to different agent offices. Shopping for car insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the personal advice of a licensed agent. However, consumers can compare the best prices online and still use a local agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
It’s up to you which method you use, but be sure to compare the exact same information for each price quote. If your comparisons have higher or lower deductibles then you won’t be able to determine the lowest rate for your Toyota Tacoma. Having just a slight variation in coverages could mean much higher rates. And when quoting car insurance, remember that getting more free quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates.
Do you qualify for a discount on auto insurance?
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Tacoma coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will cut your premiums.
What car insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2016 Toyota Tacoma is totaled?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Is my 2016 Toyota Tacoma covered for smoke damage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
Parts of Your 2016 Toyota Tacoma Insurance Policy
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverage types offered by auto insurance companies.
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims like attorney fees, emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Tacoma from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like fire damage, rock chips in glass and a broken windshield. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like doctor visits, surgery and dental work. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area