2017 Buick Encore Car Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 17, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Sick and tired of sacrificing other expenses each month for auto insurance? You have the same problem as most other people.
Big companies like GEICO and Progressive continually hit you with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
These discounts can lower your insurance coverage rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before being credited.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can save you some money because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Encore coverage as compared to drivers with claims.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The best insurance coverage companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, bundled insurance, and Steer into Savings.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, driver training, renewal discount, multi-policy, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has savings for student away at school, good driver, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- Travelers has discounts for IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, early quote, good student, and save driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts including driver training, defensive driver, good student, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and federal employee.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
If you are trying to find cheaper insurance coverage quotes, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To see providers that offer multiple discounts, click here.
Buy cheap insurance coverage with these tips
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.The best way to find cheaper insurance coverage is to take a look at the rating factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower insurance coverage prices.
The following are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
- You may save more by combining policies – The majority of companies allow lower prices to clients who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Physical damage deductibles – Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your Buick. Examples of covered claims would be a broken side mirror, hitting a deer, or theft. Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be on Encore coverage.
- How much liability protection do you need? – The liability section of your policy kicks in in the event that you are responsible for damages from an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Good drivers pay the best rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Having a single driving citation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who get multiple citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
Different people need different insurance coverages
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my 2017 Buick Encore covered for smoke damage?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- If my 2017 Buick Encore is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive regularly use television and radio advertisements. All the companies advertise the message about savings if you move your coverage. That’s great but how can every company say the same thing? It’s all in the wording.
Insurance providers offer their best rates for the type of driver that will generate a profit. For instance, a profitable insured could be over the age of 35, has a clear driving record, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. A driver who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest prices and will probably cut their rates substantially.
Insureds who fall short of those criteria may receive a higher rate which results in the customer buying from a different company. The trick is to say “people that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how companies can make those statements.
Because of these techniques, you really need to get insurance coverage quotes from several different companies. Because you cannot predict which auto insurance company will provide the lowest car insurance rates.
What insurance coverages do you need?
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills such as hospital visits, pain medications and ambulance fees. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims such as court costs, attorney fees, medical expenses and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Encore from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as rolling your car, hitting a mailbox and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Buick Encore.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding, vandalism, rock chips in glass and fire damage. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
The bottom line
When getting insurance coverage quotes online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper 2017 Buick Encore insurance can be sourced on the web in addition to many insurance agents, so you need to shop insurance coverage with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies work with independent agencies.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area