Cheapest 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 7, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper Driversauto insurance might be frustrating for drivers who are beginners to online insurance quotes. With so many options of companies in the marketplace, it can quickly become a burden to find the best price.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest price on Ioniq Hybrid insurance at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the best way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. Pricing the cheapest car insurance coverage can be fairly easy. Nevertheless, drivers do need to learn the way insurance companies price online insurance and take advantage of how the system works.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Some companies do not advertise every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details both the well known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will give you a small discount get insurance coverage on their website.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less could qualify for cheaper insurancerates.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- College Student Discount – who are attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get lower premium rates on Ioniq Hybrid insurance.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver’s education, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, and defensive driving training.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for alternative fuel, pay in full, bundle discounts, homeowner, and distant student.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, driver training, good student, and multi-policy.
- American Family may include discounts for mySafetyValet, defensive driver, air bags, multi-vehicle, and early bird.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, anti-theft, easy pay, good student, and business or organization.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
If you want cheap insurance coverage quotes, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with the best insurance discounts, click here to view.
Shop car insurance online
Performing a rate comparison can take hours if you don’t utilize the most efficient way. You could spend the better part of a day driving to insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes to maximize your effort.
The majority of car insurance companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers enter their policy data once, and every company returns a rated price. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions for each company.
To use this form to compare rates click here to start a free quote.
The one disadvantage to pricing coverage this way is you are unable to specify the providers you want to price. If you prefer to choose individual companies to compare rates, we have assembled a list of low cost car insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
The approach you take is up to you, just make sure you use identical coverage limits and deductibles on every quote. If each company quotes higher or lower deductibles then you won’t be able to find the best deal for your Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid. Just a small difference in insurance coverages may result in a large different in cost. And when comparison shopping, quoting more will improve the odds of getting the best rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide rate quotes online, so you need to compare price estimates from them, too.
What affects Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid insurance rates?
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that aid in calculating your premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower rates.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Gals tend to be lower risk – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn’t prove that females are better at driving than males. Both genders are responsible for auto accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- The higher your credit rating the lower your premiums – Credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit rating is low, you could be paying less to insure your 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid by repairing your credit.
- Premiums increase with policy add-ons – Policies have optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your insurance policy. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
- Do you have a stressful job? – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Careers such as judgespolice officers and financial analysts are shown to have the highest average rates due to high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, occupations like scientists, engineers and performers pay the least on Ioniq Hybrid insurance.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Is my Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid covered if I use it for business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Collision – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering, medical services, legal defense fees and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive insurance – This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like fire damage, hitting a deer, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical expenses – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses like ambulance fees, hospital visits, chiropractic care, EMT expenses and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Be a smart shopper
We’ve covered many ways to reduce 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid insurance rates online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote insurance coverage, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best rates are with the least-expected company.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal and not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
A few companies may not offer price quotes online regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Lower-priced auto insurance is attainable both online as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection.
Much more information about auto insurance is available on the following sites:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area