Cheapest 2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance coverage rates? Shoppers have a choice when shopping for affordable Mercedes-Benz C-Class insurance. You can either waste hours calling around getting price quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance coverage and we’ll show you the proper way to quote coverages for a new or used Mercedes-Benz and find the cheapest rates.
It’s smart to quote other rates periodically because insurance prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on car insurance for a Mercedes C 300 six months ago you can probably find a better premium rate now.
Block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn one of the best ways to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Mercedes-Benz C-Class Auto Insurance Coverage Options
Learning about specific coverages of Mercedes C-Class insurance aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage can pay for claims like rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pothole, and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower-value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Mercedes-Benz C-Class.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as fire damage, damage from flooding, falling objects, and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 which means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like medical expenses, structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses such as nursing services, X-ray expenses, doctor visits, and surgery. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage.
They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Low-Cost Mercedes-Benz C-Class Car Insurance
There are multiple methods to compare car insurance quotes, but some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste a lot of time talking about coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to get the quickest rates.
Many insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to only type in their quote data once, and at least one company then returns a price quote based on that data. This prevents consumers from doing repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for.
The one downside to pricing coverage this way is that consumers can’t choose which providers you want to price. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to receive pricing from, we have a page of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area.
Take whichever approach you prefer, but try to keep exactly the same coverages for each quote you get. If you enter different deductibles it will be nearly impossible to get a fair rate comparison.
Get Discounts on Mercedes-Benz C-Class Car Insurance
Companies that sell car insurance do not list the entire discount list very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on Mercedes C-Class insurance costs. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on an insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount until the age of 25.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance coverage since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote insurance on C-Class insurance but check with your company.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your policy.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on an insurance quote.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children living away from home attending college and who do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision.
Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance coverage policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount discount will definitely reduce the amount you have to pay.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discounts, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- The Hartford offers discounts for driver training, vehicle fuel type, air bag, anti-theft, defensive driver, and bundle.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for multi-car, accident-free, good driver, anti-theft, professional/association, and age of vehicle.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including membership and employees, good student, multi-vehicle, driver training, five-year accident-free, and defensive driver.
- AAA discounts include multi-car, multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicles, multiple policies, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and students away at school.
If you are trying to find low-cost insurance quotes, ask each company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your area.
Tailor Mercedes-Benz C-Class Car Insurance Coverage to Your Needs
When it comes to choosing the best insurance on a Mercedes c 300, there really is no single best way to insure your car. Every situation is different. And car insurance rates in each state vary based on the state’s coverage requirements. Mercedes-Benz C 300 insurance cost in Oklahoma will be very different than insurance on a Mercedes C 300 in New York or California.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class to commute?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class is worth?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent.
Compare Mercedes-Benz C-Class Car Insurance Rates Online
There are still a few companies that may not have the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers sell through independent agents. The cheapest 2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class insurance can be purchased on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
We covered many ideas to compare 2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class insurance premium rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce coverage to reduce the premium. In too many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that a couple of dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the purpose of this website?
This website aims to be an objective, third-party resource for everything related to auto insurance. It provides information, tips, and tools to help users make informed decisions about their car insurance coverage.
How can I view companies with cheap auto insurance rates?
To view companies that offer cheap auto insurance rates, simply enter your ZIP code in the provided space on the website. It will generate a list of companies in your area with their corresponding rates.
Does this website guarantee quotes from a specific insurance provider?
No, this website is not affiliated with any specific car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider. It is designed to provide a platform for users to compare quotes from multiple companies.
Are the content and opinions on this website influenced by insurance industry partnerships?
No, the content and opinions on this website are not influenced by insurance industry partnerships. The website strives to maintain objectivity and provide unbiased information. The insurance industry partnerships do not impact the content.
What coverages are available for Mercedes-Benz C-Class auto insurance?
The available coverages for Mercedes-Benz C-Class auto insurance include collision coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, comprehensive coverage, liability coverage, and personal injury protection (PIP)/medical payments coverage. Each coverage option is explained in detail on the website.
How can I find the cheapest rates for Mercedes-Benz C-Class car insurance?
The website provides methods to compare car insurance quotes, including using the free quote tool. By entering your information and preferences, you can receive quotes from different companies and compare them to find the cheapest rates.
Are there any discounts available for Mercedes-Benz C-Class car insurance?
Yes, there are various discounts available for Mercedes-Benz C-Class car insurance. Some common discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, and vehicle safety feature discounts. It is recommended to ask each insurance company for their available discounts.
Is there a specific way to tailor Mercedes-Benz C-Class car insurance coverage?
The best way to tailor your Mercedes-Benz C-Class car insurance coverage is based on your individual needs and preferences. There is no single best way to insure your car, as every situation is different. It is advisable to consider your state’s coverage requirements and consult with an insurance agent for personalized advice.
How can I compare Mercedes-Benz C-Class car insurance rates online?
Comparing Mercedes-Benz C-Class car insurance rates online can be done by utilizing the quote tool provided on the website. It is recommended to gather multiple quotes from different companies to increase your chances of finding the best rates.
Is it advisable to reduce coverage to lower the premium?
It is not advisable to reduce coverage solely to lower the premium. While reducing coverage may initially result in lower costs, it could lead to financial difficulties if an accident or claim occurs. It is important to find a balance between coverage and cost when selecting car insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area