View 2017 Nissan Versa Note Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower auto insurance rates for your Nissan Versa Note? If you’re shopping for more affordable insurance online, are you overwhelmed by the wide range of auto insurance sources available to you? Many other drivers are too. There are such a large number of options that it is a difficult challenge to locate the lowest rates.
Four tips to get more affordable insurance costs
Lots of things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
- Urban areas may pay more – Choosing to live in less populated areas can be a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People in densely populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and more severe claims. Higher commute times means more chance of being in an accident.
- Proper usage rating affects costs – The more miles you rack up on your Nissan annually the higher your rate. Almost all companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Autos left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Versa Note may be wasting your money. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating shows the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Never go without auto insurance – Letting your insurance expire is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines and jail time. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Your vocation and auto insurance rates – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupational choices like lawyers, business owners and emergency personnel have the highest rates because of high stress levels and lengthy work days. Other careers such as actors, students and the unemployed receive lower rates on Versa Note insurance.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost insurance coverage rates
Some insurers don’t always advertise all available discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy car insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from home and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow companies to track where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Home Ownership Discount – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% on Versa Note insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance coverage companies give discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will positively reduce your overall bill.
A list of companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- American Family discounts include defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, TimeAway discount, and air bags.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for renewal discount, 55 and retired, driver training, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, passive restraint, anti-theft, accident-free, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
- Travelers may include discounts for new car, payment discounts, save driver, student away at school, continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, and early quote.
- The Hartford has savings for good student, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, defensive driver, air bag, bundle, and driver training.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
If you want low cost car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What if I total my 2017 Nissan Versa Note and owe more than it’s worth?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane and fire damage. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Nissan Versa Note.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical expenses, court costs and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for pain medications, ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses, nursing services and hospital visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Smart consumers save more
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver or policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, switching insurance companies is less work than it seems.
We just presented a lot of ways to get a better price on 2017 Nissan Versa Note insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best premium rates are with an unexpected company.
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area