2018 Nissan Versa Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Average insurance rates for a 2018 Nissan Versa are $1,358 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs an estimated $268, collision costs $542, and liability costs around $390. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $452 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $2,950 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $5,108 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,358
Rate estimates for 2018 Nissan Versa Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2018 Nissan Versa models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $452 for the bare minimum liability coverage to the much higher price of $2,950 for a high risk driver.
These differences show why everyone should compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2018 Nissan Versa Insurance
Trying to find the cheapest car insurance rates for your Nissan Versa? Do you get exhausted from sacrificing other expenses each month for car insurance? Your situation is no different than many other consumers. Due to the large number of different company options, it can be challenging to pick the lowest cost insurance company.
This information will help educate you on the most effective way to quote insurance. If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. Drivers just need to learn the proper way to compare price quotes online.
The best way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand most insurance companies participate in a system to give free rates quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as types of safety features, which vehicles you own, how much education you have, and your general credit rating. Your insurance information is sent automatically to many of the top insurers and they return rate quotes instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
Find the Cheapest Quotes in Your Area
Get multiple rate quotes instantly and find your cheapest rate
Don’t overlook these ten car insurance discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but a few must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course teaching driver safety skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Theft Deterent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease for Versa coverage with certain companies.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO may permit one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower prices if you buy some life insurance too.
- Resident Student – Older children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your policy premium.
Popular car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for renewal discount, 55 and retired, safe driver, driver training, youthful driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, passive restraint, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate discounts include anti-theft, multi-policy, resident student, utility vehicle, good payer, EZ pay plan discount, and premier discount.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for anti-theft, multi-policy, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, and family plan.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, and accident-free.
Double check with each company or agent the best way to save money. Discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurers with significant discounts, follow this link.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
When to get professional advice
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2018 Nissan Versa?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Parts of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as prosthetic devices, funeral costs and doctor visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims like emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a deer, rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Be a smart shopper
Budget-friendly car insurance is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
We just presented some good ideas how to lower your 2018 Nissan Versa insurance prices. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More tips and info about car insurance is available by following these links:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,145|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,316|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$102|
|5-yr Claim Free||$88|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$63|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.