Cheapest 2017 Toyota Prius Prime Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding low-cost insurance for a new or used Toyota Prius Prime can turn out to be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to compare rates on a Toyota and locate the cheapest rates.
Which auto insurance is cheapest?
Comparing auto insurance rates can be exhausting if you don’t understand the fastest way to get free quotes. You could spend the better part of a day talking to local insurance agents in your area, or you can utilize online quoting to get the quickest rates.
Most major companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers enter their policy data once, and each company can provide price quotes. This saves time by eliminating quotation requests for each company. To participate in this free quote system, click here (opens in new window).
The one downside to comparing rates this way is you cannot specify which insurance companies to get pricing from. If you prefer to choose individual companies to compare, we put together a list of companies who write auto insurance in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Whichever method you choose, compare the same coverage data for each quote you get. If you use mixed coverages you will not be able to determine which company has the best rates.
Insurance companies offer lots of discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a discount up to 10% on Prius Prime insurance.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to look at their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn discounted insurancerates on garaged vehicles.
- Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner can help you save on insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has discounts for good student, good driver, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers offers discounts including student away at school, payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, and driver training.
- American Family may offer discounts for TimeAway discount, accident-free, mySafetyValet, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for teen driver discount, new graduate, new move discount, preferred payment discount, newly retired, newly married, and multi-car.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with the best insurance discounts, click here.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Does my 2017 Toyota Prius Prime qualify for pleasure use?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 2017 Toyota Prius Prime.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building, colliding with a tree and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills for nursing services, prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses and doctor visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things such as pain and suffering, medical services and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like vandalism, hitting a deer, rock chips in glass and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 2017 Toyota Prius Prime?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 2017 Toyota Prius Prime, consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies to compare prices and coverage options.
- Research discounts: Inquire about any discounts available for the Prius Prime model, such as hybrid vehicle discounts or safety feature discounts.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Choosing a higher deductible can lower your insurance premium, but be sure you can afford the deductible amount if you need to make a claim.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Having a good driving history with no accidents or traffic violations can help you secure lower insurance rates.
- Bundle policies: Consider bundling your auto insurance with other policies, such as homeowners or renters insurance, as this may lead to discounted rates.
Are there any specific factors that affect the insurance rates for a 2017 Toyota Prius Prime?
Yes, several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 2017 Toyota Prius Prime. Some common factors include:
- Vehicle age and model: Insurance rates can vary based on the make, model, and year of the vehicle. The Prius Prime’s reputation for safety features and fuel efficiency may work in your favor.
- Location: The area where you live can impact insurance rates due to factors such as crime rates, traffic congestion, and the likelihood of accidents or theft.
- Driver’s age and history: Younger and inexperienced drivers may have higher insurance rates. Additionally, a history of accidents or traffic violations can increase premiums.
- Coverage options: The type and amount of coverage you choose will affect your insurance rates. Comprehensive and collision coverage typically have higher premiums than liability-only coverage.
Are there any specific insurance discounts available for a 2017 Toyota Prius Prime?
Yes, some insurance companies offer discounts specifically for the 2017 Toyota Prius Prime. These may include:
- Hybrid vehicle discount: Since the Prius Prime is a hybrid vehicle, some insurers may offer a discount due to its eco-friendly nature.
- Safety feature discount: The Prius Prime is equipped with various safety features, such as forward collision warning and lane departure warning. Insurance companies may provide discounts for these advanced safety technologies.
- Good student discount: If the vehicle is primarily used by a student who maintains good grades, some insurers offer discounts for academic achievement.
Can I save on insurance for my 2017 Toyota Prius Prime by opting for higher deductibles?
Yes, choosing higher deductibles can help lower your insurance premiums for a 2017 Toyota Prius Prime. By increasing your deductible amount, you take on more responsibility for covering damages before your insurance coverage kicks in. This reduced risk for the insurer often results in lower premiums. However, make sure you can comfortably afford the deductible amount in case of an accident or other covered incident.
Should I consider bundling my 2017 Toyota Prius Prime insurance with other policies?
Bundling your 2017 Toyota Prius Prime insurance with other policies, such as homeowners or renters insurance, can potentially lead to discounted rates. Many insurance companies offer multi-policy discounts to encourage customers to consolidate their insurance needs with a single provider. It’s advisable to compare bundled rates with individual policies to ensure you are getting the best overall deal.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area