Cheapest 2018 Acura TLX Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower car insurance rates for your Acura TLX? If you’re shopping for lower-cost insurance on the web, are you confused by the number of car insurance choices available to you? Many other drivers are too. You have so many choices available that it is a ton of work to locate the lowest rates.
You need to shop coverage around before your policy renews since prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the lowest price for TLX insurance six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to show you the things you must know in order to save on car insurance.
If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. Shopping for the best insurance coverage is quite easy. Nevertheless, drivers must comprehend how big insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be saving more on your insurance coverage.
- E-sign – Some insurance coverage companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on your computer.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military could mean lower prices.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors may be able to get a slight reduction on a car insurance quote for TLX insurance.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Acura can qualify you for better insurance coveragerates on cars that stay parked.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to scrutinize vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. But any discount should help lower your policy premiums.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-car, good driver, education and occupation, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm discounts include defensive driving training, accident-free, student away at school, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and good driver.
- Esurance may include discounts for defensive driver, renters, claim free, good student, and emergency road assistance.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, good student, multi-policy, and easy pay.
If you are trying to find cheap car insurance quotes, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in your state. To see companies who offer discounts, follow this link.
Learn how to find insurance coverage cheaper
Many different elements are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
- Men drivers tend to cost more – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women cause accidents in similar percentages, but men get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Stay claim-free and save money – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies give discounts to people who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Do you need those extra policy coverages? – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your TLX policy. Coverages like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
- Do you have enough liability insurance? – Liability insurance is the protection if you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Better drivers have lower premiums – Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have received multiple tickets such as DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Lower rates come with age – More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Teen drivers are proven to be easily distracted behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Always keep your insurance coverage policy in force – Driving without insurance is against the law and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When buying the best car insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Insurance myths debunked
21st Century, Allstate and State Farm endlessly run ads in print and on television. All the ads convey the message that you’ll save big after switching your policy. Is it even possible that every company can make the same claim? You have to listen carefully.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Many companies have specific criteria for the right customer that earns them the most money. One example of this type of risk profile may be married and over the age of 30, has no driving citations, and has a short commute. Anybody who matches those parameters will get the preferred car insurance rates and have a good chance to cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for this ideal profile will have to pay higher prices and this can result in business not being written. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “people who switch” not “all people who quote” will save that much if they switch. This is how companies can truthfully state the savings.
This really emphasizes why it is so important to do a rate comparison at every renewal. It’s not possible to predict which company will give you lower prices than your current company.
Car insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like loss of income, funeral expenses and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays for damage to your TLX caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs, X-ray expenses and prosthetic devices. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, theft and a broken windshield. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
More effort can pay off
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can compare 2018 Acura TLX insurance premium rates online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company.
People switch companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests and even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area