View 2018 Chevrolet Camaro Car Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 26, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest insurance rates for your Chevrolet Camaro? Are you sick and tired of sacrificing other expenses to make your insurance payment? You are no different than the majority of other drivers.
Popular companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate promote their brand names with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the geckos and flying pigs and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have car insurance now, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. Buying car insurance is not that difficult. Nevertheless, vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how big insurance companies sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Discounts to earn affordable insurance rates
Car insurance companies do not advertise the entire discount list very well, so the below list has some of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy insurance coverage online.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow driving data submission to analyze driving patterns remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy can qualify you for slightly better insurancerates than normal.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Driver Safety – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing over the internet.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next insurance statement.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags can get savings up to 30%.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
Just know that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include early shopping, mature driver, pay in full, distant student, and good student.
- Esurance includes discounts for emergency road assistance, defensive driver, anti-theft, online shopper, Switch & Save, and multi-car.
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and driver’s education.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, daytime running lights, federal employee, emergency military deployment, and multi-policy.
- Allstate discounts include teenSMART discount, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, new car, and premier plus.
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to view providers with the best discounts, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How to compare car insurance rate quotes
Most companies provide price estimates directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing is easy for anyone as you just type in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their rating system collects your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information based on these and other factors. Being able to quote online makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to multiple sites and type in the same data gets old quite quickly. But it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find the lowest possible prices on car insurance.
The preferred way to lower your car insurance bill requires only one form that obtains quotes from several companies at one time. The form is fast, requires much less work on your part, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable and efficient. Immediately after you send the form, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the resulting price quotes.
If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. It just takes a couple of minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To find out if lower rates are available, click here and submit the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will have comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and fire damage. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays for damage to your Camaro from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2018 Chevy Camaro.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things such as emergency aid, court costs, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses and medical services. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for things like prosthetic devices, doctor visits, ambulance fees and funeral costs. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
A fool and his money are soon parted
You just learned a lot of techniques to get a better price on 2018 Chevy Camaro insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on insurance coverage is with the smaller companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
As you quote insurance coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost 2018 Chevy Camaro insurance is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area