2018 Kia Optima Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 30, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2018 Kia Optima are $1,428 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $284 a year, collision insurance costs $494, and liability insurance costs around $470. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $536 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $3,086. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,430 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,428
Rate estimates for 2018 Kia Optima Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2018 Kia Optima models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $536 for just liability coverage to a high of $3,086 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences demonstrate why it is important for drivers to compare prices based on a specific location and risk profile, rather than relying on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2018 Kia Optima Insurance
Want the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Kia Optima? Comparing and finding cheap coverage rates for Driversauto insurance can be kind of frustrating for drivers who have little experience comparison shopping online. With such a large number of companies in the marketplace, it can easily be a big hassle to find cheaper coverage rates.
You need to price shop coverage on a regular basis because insurance prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best rate on Optima coverage last year other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to use online quotes to lower your annual insurance bill.
The purpose of this post is to let you in on how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. But car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web.
How to get insurance coverage quotes
There are multiple methods to shop for insurance coverage, but there is one way that is more efficient than others. You can spend countless hours driving to local insurance agents in your area, or you can utilize online quotes to quickly compare rates.
Most major companies belong to a marketplace that allows shoppers to complete one form, and each participating company then returns a price quote based on that information. This prevents consumers from doing quote requests to every company. To find out what other companies charge click to open in new window.
One minor caviat to using this type of system is that consumers can’t choose the providers to get pricing from. So if you want to select individual companies to request quotes from, we have assembled a list of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Whichever way you use, make sure you compare apples-to-apples coverages for each comparison quote. If each company quotes differing limits it will be next to impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Kia Optima. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages may result in a large different in cost. And when comparison shopping, comparing more quotes helps you find the best offered rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide rate quotes online, so you also need to get rates from those companies as well.
How insurers determine Kia Optima insurance prices
Many things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
- Little extras can really add up – Policies have extra coverages you can purchase on your Optima policy. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea at first, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
- Marriage pays dividends – Getting married can actually save you money on your auto insurance policy. Marriage translates into being more stable financially and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Low mileage costs less – The higher the miles on your Kia annually the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. Make sure your auto insurance policy correctly shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your Optima is just wasting money.
- Don’t get traffic citations – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Getting just one driving citation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it’s not affordable. People who have flagrant violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Younger drivers cost more – Youthful drivers are statistically shown to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a teen driver to your auto insurance policy can break the bank. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure , and usually have better credit.
- Theft deterrents systems cut rates – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent auto theft.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Some insurers give lower prices to clients that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to compare other insurance prices to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a good possibility that you can save even more than the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
Verify you’re applying every discount
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with several vehicles with the same car insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save with a New Car – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford discounts include bundle, driver training, anti-theft, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including professional/association, annual mileage, ease of repair, good driver, and type of vehicle.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, air bags, driver training, daytime running lights, anti-theft, military active duty, and membership and employees.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-policy, good driver, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
- State Farm has savings for driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not be offered in your area. To see a list of insurers with significant discounts, follow this link.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Having a good grasp of insurance can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism and damage from flooding. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical costs insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills like doctor visits, funeral costs, surgery, hospital visits and chiropractic care. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for liability – This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as loss of income, bail bonds, medical expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage covers damage to your Optima from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree, rolling your car, scraping a guard rail and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM Coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Kia Optima.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Cheaper 2018 Kia Optima insurance can be bought from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so get free auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not provide online quoting and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we presented many ideas to save on 2018 Kia Optima insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
More detailed insurance coverage information can be found at these sites:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,259|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,442|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$101|
|5-yr Claim Free||$91|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$62|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.