Cheapest 2018 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better insurance rates for your Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class? Paying for overpriced Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class insurance can sap your accounts, especially in this economy. Having so many insurance companies to choose from, it can be hard to locate the lowest price insurance provider.
This article will help you learn the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using these methods. Drivers just need to understand the most effective way to shop online.
Compare auto insurance quotes online
There are a lot of ways to shop for auto insurance, but some are easier and takes less work. You can waste a few hours (or days) discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you can utilize the internet to get the quickest rates.
Most major companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers submit their information once, and each participating company returns a rated price for coverage. This eliminates the need for quote forms to every company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here (opens in new window).
The single downside to getting quotes like this is you can’t choose the insurers to get pricing from. So if you want to select individual companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of auto insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Whichever method you choose, make absolute certain that you use nearly identical coverage data for each quote you get. If you compare differing limits it will be impossible to make a fair comparison for your Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class.
Is there truth in advertising?
Drivers can’t get away from ads that claim the best rates from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all state the claim that drivers will save a bundle after switching your coverage.
How can each company give you a better price? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies give the best rates for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. An example of this type of risk profile could possibly be between 25 and 40, has a low-risk occupation, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any person who fits those characteristics will probably get cheap premium rates and will save some money.
Drivers who may not quite match these stringent criteria will see more expensive rates with the end result being the customer buying from a different company. The wording the ads use say “drivers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s the way companies can make those statements.
Because of the profiling, you really should get price quotes at each policy renewal. You cannot predict which company will have better premium rates than you’re paying now.
What determines Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class insurance premiums?
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although some other factors are more obscure such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- How do annual miles impact rates? – The more you drive your Mercedes-Benz in a year’s time the higher your rate. A lot of companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your insurance policy correctly shows annual mileage, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your CLA-Class is just wasting money.
- Discounts for alarm systems – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft.
- Little extras can really add up – There are many extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t careful. Insurance for personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Gender impacts rates – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. They both cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Poor credit history equals high costs – Having a bad credit rating can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower ratings. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your 2018 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class if you clean up your credit.
- Obey driving laws and save – How you drive has a big impact on rates. Even a single chargeable violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- Married people drive safer – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price compared to being single. Marriage may mean you are more mature and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Teen driver insurance rates – Drivers with little experience have a tendency to get distracted easily behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Earn discounts on insurance
Some insurance providers don’t always list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are just wasting money.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less for CLA-Class coverage compared to accident prone drivers.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could earn substantially lower rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a lower price if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may lower your insurance rates slightly.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Large insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- Esurance has discounts for anti-lock brakes, paid-in-full, safety device, defensive driver, Switch & Save, and multi-policy.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for hybrid vehicle, new graduate, multi-policy, teen driver discount, and preferred payment discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for student away at school, multiple vehicles, good student, paperless, safe vehicle, and safe driver.
- GEICO discounts include federal employee, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, and defensive driver.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you need the cheapest auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. For a list of companies who offer insurance discounts, click here to view.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions might point out if you may require specific advice.
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your CLA-Class resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a building, backing into a parked car and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things such as medical expenses, attorney fees, emergency aid and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses such as surgery, hospital visits, doctor visits, nursing services and dental work. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 2018 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as fire damage, rock chips in glass, hail damage, hitting a bird and vandalism. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Spend less. Save more.
We just covered a lot of tips how to lower your 2018 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class insurance premium rates. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting low cost auto insurance. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from the smaller companies. They can often provide lower prices in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area