2018 Toyota Corolla Insurance Rates
Average insurance rates for a 2018 Toyota Corolla are $1,332 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive costs approximately $292 a year, collision costs $534, and liability coverage costs around $354. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $416 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,876. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $4,914 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,332
Rate estimates for 2018 Toyota Corolla Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2018 Toyota Corolla models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $416 for just liability insurance to a high of $2,876 for a high risk driver.
These differences illustrate why it is important for drivers to compare prices using their specific location and risk profile, rather than using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Companies will appear below. Click here to view full page.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2018 Toyota Corolla Insurance
Finding the most affordable car insurance on the internet is rather difficult for vehicle owners that are relatively new to buying insurance over the internet. With such a large number of agents and companies, how are vehicle owners able to have a chance to compare every company in order to find the best pricing?
Buying car insurance is quite easy. If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. But vehicle owners benefit from understanding the way insurance companies compete online.
How much is insurance coverage?
There are multiple methods you can shop for insurance coverage and some are less time-consuming than others. You could spend the better part of a day talking about coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to quickly compare rates.
Most major companies belong to a marketplace where insurance shoppers send in one quote, and every company then returns a price quote based on that information. This prevents consumers from doing quote requests for each company.
Recommended Companies for the Best Insurance Rates
To find out what other companies charge click here to start a free quote.
The one disadvantage to pricing coverage this way is that consumers can’t choose the companies you will receive quotes from. So if you want to select specific providers to request quotes from, we have a listing of insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using the exact same coverage data for each quote you get. If you have differing limits it’s not possible to make a fair comparison for your Toyota Corolla. Just slight variations in limits may result in large price differences. And when quoting insurance coverage, remember that getting more free quotes increases your odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company does online price quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
Save with with these discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- E-sign – Many companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on your computer.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a course in defensive driving could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less on Corolla coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a insurance coverage quote. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next car insurance statement.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give better car insurancerates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
Large car insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, good student, multiple autos, multiple policy, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and accident-free.
- GEICO may offer discounts for good student, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, multi-policy, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include multi-policy, new graduate, newly retired, safety features, newly married, preferred payment discount, and exclusive group savings.
- The Hartford offers discounts for anti-theft, bundle, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and good student.
- MetLife has savings for good driver, multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, good student
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
If you are trying to find cheap insurance coverage quotes, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not be offered everywhere. To see a list of providers with discount car insurance rates, follow this link.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Does my 2018 Toyota Corolla need full coverage?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
The coverage is in the details
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed and hitting a deer. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability car insurance
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical services, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Corolla resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with a tree, rolling your car and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices, doctor visits and pain medications. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Be a smart shopper
Lower-priced 2018 Toyota Corolla insurance is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, so you need to shop insurance coverage with both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for 2018 Toyota Corolla insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting low cost insurance coverage. Drivers may discover the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
As you quote insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
More information is located below:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
Find the Cheapest Quotes in Your Area
Get multiple rate quotes instantly and find your cheapest rate
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,598|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,241|
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$99|
|5-yr Claim Free||$86|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$62|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.