Chevrolet Chevrolet Malibu Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 1, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower car insurance rates for your Chevrolet Malibu? Are you regretting the purchase of overpriced car insurance? You’re in good company because many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Many car insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every provider and get the best coverage at the lowest rate possible.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes every six months due to the fact that insurance prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Malibu coverage a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to teach you how to quote online to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. Nevertheless, car owners do need to understand the methods companies use to determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Shop insurance coverage online
There are a lot of ways to compare insurance coverage quotes, but there is one way that is less time-consuming than others. You could spend your day talking to local insurance agents in your area, or you could use online quotes to quickly compare rates.
Many of the larger companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers enter their coverage request one time, and each company returns a competitive quote determined by their information. This saves time by eliminating form submissions for each company you want a rate for.
To access this free quoting program, enter your zip code here.
The single downside to comparing rates this way is you don’t know exactly the insurers to receive prices from. If you wish to select from a list of companies to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. Click to enter zip code.
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just ensure you are comparing the exact same coverage data for each comparison quote. If the quotes have different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to make a fair comparison for your Chevy Malibu. Just slight variations in coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when comparison shopping, comparing more quotes will improve the odds of getting better pricing.
Insurance coverage policy discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy car insurance online.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates on Malibu coverage.
- Distant Student – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate and GEICO will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote car insurance on Malibu coverage depending on your insurance coverage provider.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the internet.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of insurance coverage companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, good student, multiple autos, anti-theft, multiple policy, and student away at school.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, driver training, seat belt use, and emergency military deployment.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, and good student.
- 21st Century includes discounts for automatic seat belts, early bird, homeowners, air bags, driver training, 55 and older, and teen driver.
- American Family offers discounts for Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, good student, early bird, TimeAway discount, air bags, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, good student, bundle, and air bag.
- AAA may offer discounts for anti-theft, good driver, good student, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company the best way to save money. Discounts might not be offered in your area. To see insurance coverage companies who offer cheap insurance coverage quotes, enter your zip code here.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and enter your zip code.
What affects Chevy Malibu insurance costs?
Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are some of the factors companies use to determine rates.
- Age of drivers – Teenage drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends therefore car insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a first-time driver to your car insurance policy can cause a big jump in price. Older people have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Save money by raising physical damage deductibles – Your deductibles are how much you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims could be rearending another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive on Malibu coverage.
- Lower premiums for vehicles with better crash test results – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums. If your Chevy Malibu scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
- Only buy what you need – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time when buying car insurance. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- Prices for men may be higher – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Women and men cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but males have costlier accidents. They also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Car insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Coverage for medical expenses – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as hospital visits, surgery, EMT expenses, X-ray expenses and dental work. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Malibu from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like colliding with a tree, rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability – Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability can pay for things such as attorney fees, structural damage, bail bonds and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like falling objects, hail damage and damage from flooding. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
More quotes mean more savings
We’ve covered many tips how you can get a better price on 2019 Chevy Malibu insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost car insurance. You may be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company. Smaller companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Cost effective 2019 Chevy Malibu insurance is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area