Compare 2018 Chevrolet Malibu Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 1, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Consumers have many options when looking for the lowest priced Chevy Malibu insurance. They can either waste time driving around to compare prices or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to compare rates for your Chevy and obtain the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates periodically since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best premium rates for Malibu coverage a few years ago you will most likely find a better price today. There are lots of tips to save on car insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn a lot of great tips on how to put money back in your pocket.
How to find low cost insurance coverage
There are multiple methods to compare insurance coverage prices but one way is less time-consuming than others. You could spend the better part of a day talking about coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Many companies belong to a marketplace that enables customers to send in one quote, and each participating company can provide price quotes for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions for each company you want a rate for.
To get comparison pricing now click here to open in new window.
The one downside to getting quotes like this is you can’t choose which providers to receive prices from. So if you want to select specific providers to compare rates, we have assembled a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just try to keep identical coverages with each company. If you use differing limits it’s impossible to make an equal comparison.
Car insurance ads are enticing
Drivers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings from companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads advertise the message of big savings if you get a free insurance coverage quote and switch to them.
How does each company say the same thing? It’s all in the wording.
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that is profitable for them. A good example of a driver they prefer might be over the age of 45, has a clear driving record, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any driver who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest premium rates as well as cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who don’t measure up to the ideal profile will probably be forced to pay higher premium rates and this can result in the prospect going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “people who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that kind of money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
This really drives home the point why drivers should do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It is impossible to guess which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Use discounts to get cheaper auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might already qualify for some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less as opposed to bad drivers.
- Student Discounts – This discount may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount should help lower the amount you have to pay.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, good driver, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, bundle discounts, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, and mature driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, federal employee, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, and good student.
- American Family includes discounts for air bags, good driver, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, early bird, and accident-free.
- Nationwide offers discounts including Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, multi-policy, family plan, and good student.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply everywhere.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Malibu caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Chevy Malibu.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things like structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for dental work, doctor visits, EMT expenses and funeral costs. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism, hitting a bird and damage from getting keyed. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Saving money makes a lot of cents
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
In this article, we covered many ways to reduce 2018 Chevy Malibu insurance rates online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with the least-expected company.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional insurance information can be read at the links below
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Malibu in Wichita? (WichitaInsure.com)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area