2019 Jaguar XJ Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Jaguar XJ are $1,894 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $444 a year, collision insurance costs $894, and liability coverage costs around $398. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $460 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $4,124. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $6,794 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,894
Rate estimates for 2019 Jaguar XJ Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Jaguar XJ models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range range from as low as $460 for only liability insurance to a high of $4,124 for high-risk insurance.
These differences show why it is important for drivers to compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, rather than using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Jaguar XJ Insurance
Drivers have lots of choices when trying to find affordable Jaguar XJ insurance. You can either waste hours driving around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a Jaguar and locate the cheapest rates either online or from local insurance agents.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better premium rates.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount on your bill.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best auto insurance rates as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, good student, student away at school, anti-theft, good driver, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family may have discounts that include good driver, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, and defensive driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, air bags, membership and employees, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- 21st Century includes discounts for good student, driver training, homeowners, defensive driver, student driver, and teen driver.
- Progressive has savings for good student, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online signing.
Check with every insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. For a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts, enter your zip code here.
Six factors that influence insurance premiums
Many different elements are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, although others are more obscure such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.When buying insurance coverage it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance coverage. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower insurance coverage prices.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your prices.
- Better drivers pay lower costs – Careful drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Having just one driving citation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers who have license-revoking tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
- Choose high NHTSA crash test ratings and save – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If your Jaguar has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Gender impacts prices – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both are in auto accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Lower rates for married couples – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on your insurance coverage bill. Marriage may mean you are less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Vehicle features that cut rates – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
- Be proud to be claim-free – Insurance companies give the best rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Which is the best insurance coverage?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2019 Jaguar XJ to commute?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- If my 2019 Jaguar XJ is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and enter your zip code. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Consumers can’t avoid all the ads for auto insurance savings from companies such as State Farm and Allstate. All the ads advertise claims of big savings if you just switch your policy.
Is it even possible that every company can give you a better price?
Companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that will be a good risk. For instance, this type of insured might be described as between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and has great credit. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” will most likely get cheap car insurance rates and will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for these criteria will be charged higher rates and ends up with the customer buying from a different company. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save money. That’s the way companies can truthfully make those claims.
This really emphasizes why drivers must compare as many free insurance quotes as you can. Because you never know the company that will have the lowest rate quotes.
Specifics of your auto insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical services, repair costs for stationary objects and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like fire damage, damage from flooding and hitting a deer. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your XJ resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Jaguar XJ.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses such as chiropractic care, funeral costs and ambulance fees. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
At the end of the day…
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Lower-priced 2019 Jaguar XJ insurance is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,994|
|Los Angeles, CA||$3,237|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$153|
|5-yr Claim Free||$126|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$97|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.