2019 Kia Optima Hybrid Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Kia Optima Hybrid are $1,528 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs on average $332 a year, collision costs $566, and liability costs $450. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $518 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $3,292 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $5,690 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,528
Rate estimates for 2019 Kia Optima Hybrid Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Kia Optima Hybrid models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $518 for just liability insurance to a high of $3,292 for a high risk driver.
These differences show why it is important for drivers to compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Kia Optima Hybrid Insurance
High-priced Kia Optima Hybrid insurance can dry up your budget and force you to prioritize other expenses. Performing a rate comparison can be a smart way to lower your bills every month.
Many insurers vie to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to get the best rate
Consumers should take time to compare rates before your next renewal because prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the best deal for Optima Hybrid coverage last year there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out one of the quickest ways to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Get cheaper insurance coverage with discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise all possible discounts very well, so the following list contains both the well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy auto insurance online.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease for Optima Hybrid coverage with select insurance companies.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm and Progressive permit an accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Good Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates for Optima Hybrid coverage as compared to drivers with claims.
- College Student – Kids living away from home attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can get you a discount since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow driving data submission to analyze driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The best insurance coverage companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include alternative fuel, business and professional, bundle discounts, mature driver, youthful driver, and pay in full.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, seat belt use, anti-theft, military active duty, and anti-lock brakes.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include safe driver, paid in full, air bags, student away at school, and teen driver.
- The Hartford includes discounts for vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, driver training, good student, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau has savings for good student, driver training, youthful driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and safe driver.
- USAA offers discounts for driver training, loyalty savings, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, and annual mileage.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in your area. To locate insurance coverage companies that provide some of the discounts listed above, enter your zip code here.
Free insurance quotes
The majority of larger companies make it easy to get prices for coverage directly from their websites. Getting quotes is fairly simple as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. Behind the scenes, the company’s rating system sends out for your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information. Online price quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the time required to go to each company’s website and repetitively enter the same data into a form gets old quite quickly. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes if you want to find a lower rate.
Quote rates the easy way
A more efficient way to find lower prices makes use of a single form to get prices from several companies at one time. This type of form saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes comparison shopping much simpler. Immediately after submitting the form, it gets priced and you can select any one of the quote results. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process takes just a few minutes to complete and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To save time and compare pricing, simply enter your zip code here and begin entering your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will have a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2019 Kia Optima Hybrid is worth?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and enter your zip code.
Coverages available on your policy
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Kia Optima Hybrid.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for liability
This can cover damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical expenses, attorney fees and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills for rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses, surgery and EMT expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a bird, hail damage, a broken windshield and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car, hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
More effort can pay off
More affordable car insurance is attainable online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer price quotes online and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,415|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,613|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$111|
|5-yr Claim Free||$98|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$69|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.