Cheapest 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 30, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy overpriced auto insurance? It’s a common feeling and there are many drivers thinking the same thing. Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance promote their brand names with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these tips to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Finding affordable coverage is quite easy. Drivers only need to know the most effective way to shop for car insurance online.
Smart choices result in lower insurance premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better insurance coverage rates.
- Your gender affects premiums – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Women and men get in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but males have costlier accidents. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Five star NHTSA crash test rating saves money – Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you. If your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
- Do thieves like your car? – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Policies have additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas at first, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
How much is insurance coverage?
Many insurance companies allow you to get coverage price quotes online. Comparing rates online is quite easy as you just enter your required coverages into the quote form. Once you submit the form, the system pulls your driving and credit reports and provides a quote based on these and other factors. This streamlines rate comparisons, but the time required to go to several different sites and fill out multiple forms can be a bit repetitive. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes if you want to get better insurance coverage pricing.
The easiest way to get multiple rate quotes uses just one form that gets prices from a bunch of companies at once. The form is fast, requires less work, and makes price shopping online a lot less work. Immediately after you send the form, it gets priced and you can select any one of the returned quotes.
If the quotes result in lower rates, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase the new policy. The whole process only takes a few minutes and can result in significant savings.
To compare rates using this form now, simply enter your zip code here and complete the simple form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you will be getting rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
Save money with these auto insurance discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy car insurance online.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper car insurance.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Outlander Sport coverage compared to accident prone drivers.
- Good Student – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow data collection to analyze their driving habits by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
To choose insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above, enter your zip code here.
Insurance can get complicated
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and enter your zip code. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverages for a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills like X-ray expenses, doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses and dental work. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability car insurance
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical services, attorney fees, funeral expenses, medical expenses and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a broken windshield, damage from flooding, vandalism, hail damage and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage covers damage to your Outlander Sport from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as rolling your car, colliding with a tree and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Shop around and save
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just showed you many ideas to reduce 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Discount 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best selection. A few companies don’t offer rates over the internet and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area