Cheapest 2019 Nissan Sentra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest auto insurance rates? Consumers have options when looking for affordable Nissan Sentra insurance. They can either spend hours calling around trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to buy auto insurance so you’re going to learn the proper way to price shop coverage for your Nissan and get the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
Consumers need to price shop coverage before your policy renews since prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best rates on Sentra coverage last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
The purpose of this article is to teach you the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. Consumers just need to know the tricks to shop for insurance over the internet.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rate quotes is to realize all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. To get started, all you need to do is give them rating details like whether you drive to work or school, the type of vehicles you drive, your credit rating estimate, and what you do for a living. Your information gets sent immediately to all major companies and they return rate quotes quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here then complete the form.
Car Insurance Discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but occassionally some discounts must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- No Accidents – Drivers who stay claim-free get the best car insurance rates in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings as much as 30%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure multiple cars on the same car insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can get you a discount because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut the premium cost.
To see insurers that offer multiple discounts, enter your zip code here.
Eight factors that influence insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find big savings.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Many insurers provide lower prices for people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Proper usage rating affects prices – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your Sentra may be wasting your money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both are in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Safer cars means lower rates – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy.
- The higher your credit rating the lower your costs – Having a good credit score is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. So if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your 2019 Nissan Sentra by repairing your credit. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with worse credit.
- Never let your coverage expire – Not having insurance is illegal and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Too many claims drive up premiums – If you frequently file small claims, don’t be surprised to see much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies generally give discounts to people who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Get hitched and get better costs – Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other usually means you are more responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out if your situation might need professional guidance.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- If my 2019 Nissan Sentra is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2019 Nissan Sentra?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2019 Nissan Sentra?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and enter your zip code. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Knowing the specifics of insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2019 Nissan Sentra.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as rock chips in glass, falling objects and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims such as court costs, bail bonds, medical expenses and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for nursing services, funeral costs and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Coverage for collisions
This will pay to fix damage to your Sentra from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Make a quick buck
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered a lot of information how to save on 2019 Nissan Sentra insurance. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheap auto insurance. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Cost effective 2019 Nissan Sentra insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
Even more information is located at these sites:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area