Nissan Nissan Sentra Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 19, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you regretting buying overpriced car insurance? Believe me, there are many consumers feeling the pinch from expensive car insurance. Many insurers vie for your business, so it can be very hard to choose an insurance company to discover the definitive best price available.
Informed Drivers Know How to Get Car Insurance More Affordably
Many things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but others are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your 2017 Nissan Sentra car insurance cost.
- Lower coverage deductibles cost more – Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your Nissan. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive on Sentra insurance.
- Why do you need liability protection? – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Males tend to take more risk – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Women and men have at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Drivers with responsible credit save – An insured’s credit rating is a large factor in determining premium rates. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores. So if your credit score can be improved, you could save money insuring your 2017 Nissan Sentra by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Lower premiums with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent car theft.
- Marriage can lower rates – Being married helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Marriage usually means you are more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Better rates on cars with good safety ratings – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If your Nissan Sentra scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
How to Compare Insurance Rate Quotes
There are several ways you can shop for insurance but one way is easier and takes less work. You can spend countless hours discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting to get pricing more quickly.
The majority of car insurance companies enroll in a system where prospective buyers enter their policy data once, and each participating company returns a competitive quote based on the submitted data. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to each individual insurance company.
The single downside to getting quotes like this is you cannot specify the insurers you want to price. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to request quotes from, we have a page of the cheapest insurance companies in your area.
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just do your best to enter apples-to-apples coverages for each comparison quote. If the quotes have different deductibles it’s not possible to determine which company has the best rates.
Get Lower-cost Rates With These Insurance Discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy insurance coverage online.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can get you a discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates on Sentra insurance than less cautious drivers.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may qualify for better insurance rates on Sentra insurance.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims before the accident.
- Paper-free Discount – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles may allow you to get lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
Larger insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, good student, passive restraint, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for good student, seat belt use, multi-policy, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, drive less, safe driver, and accident prevention training.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include switch companies, multi-car, pay in full, homeowner, early shopping, alternative fuel, and youthful driver.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-car, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, anti-theft, multi-policy, and good driver.
- USAA offers discounts for defensive driver, family discount, multi-policy, annual mileage, multi-vehicle, good student, and new vehicle.
If you are trying to find cheap insurance coverage quotes, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered everywhere.
Insurance Can Get Complicated
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2017 Nissan Sentra?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Is my Nissan Sentra covered if I use it for business?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent.
Learn About Car Insurance Coverages for a 2017 Nissan Sentra
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays for damage to your Sentra resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Nissan Sentra.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is an important protection for you and your family. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, emergency aid, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as rock chips in glass, vandalism, a broken windshield, hitting a deer and falling objects. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for rehabilitation expenses, pain medications and hospital visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Have the Midas touch
We just covered a lot of information how to lower your 2017 Nissan Sentra insurance car insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper insurance coverage. You may be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with the smaller companies. Smaller companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets compared to large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
There are still a few companies who do not provide rates over the internet and many times these small, regional companies work with independent agents. Cheaper auto insurance can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area