Cheapest 2019 Toyota RAV4 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better auto insurance rates for your Toyota RAV4? Trying to come up with a payment for overpriced auto insurance can overdraw your savings and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Consumers have multiple auto insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to compare company pricing.
Shopping for affordable auto insurance coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Consumers only need an understanding of the proper methods to get comparison rates on the web.
Learn how to lower your insurance costs
Many factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better auto insurance rates.
The following are some of the things that factor into your prices.
- Drive lots and pay more – The higher the miles on your Toyota each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your RAV4 is throwing money out the window. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet shows the proper vehicle usage.
- Job stress can make you pay more – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like doctorsair traffic controllers and accountants generally have the highest rates in part from intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, jobs like scientists, historians and the unemployed have lower than average premiums on RAV4 coverage.
- Avoid auto insurance lapses – Driving with no insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Some insurers allow better rates to people that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Discounts for lower-cost insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as some of the hidden insurance savings.
- Distant Student – who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote car insurance on RAV4 coverage depending on your company.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best insurance discounts, enter your zip code here.
But the ad said I’d save 15% in 15 minutes!
Consumers can’t avoid all the ads for cheaper insurance coverage from companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to make the point that you’ll save big if you move to them.
How does every insurance coverage company cost less than your current company? This is the way they can do it.
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that will not have excessive claims. One example of a profitable insured might have to be a female over age 40, has a low-risk occupation, and has a short commute. A driver who fits that profile will get the preferred prices as well as save a lot of money.
Insureds who are not a match for the requirements will see more expensive rates which translates to the prospect going elsewhere. The wording the ads use say “customers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save the amount stated. This is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
Because every company is different, you should quote coverage with many companies. It is just not possible to predict which insurance coverage company will provide the lowest rates.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete your zip code. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Specific coverage details
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverage types found on most car insurance policies.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a bird, hitting a deer and damage from flooding. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Toyota RAV4.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision coverages – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your RAV4 caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree, rolling your car, backing into a parked car and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims such as bail bonds, legal defense fees, loss of income and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs, chiropractic care and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Be Smart and Buy Smart
Affordable 2019 Toyota RAV4 insurance can be sourced both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce 2019 Toyota RAV4 insurance rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting cheaper car insurance. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance coverage is with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
More information can be found at the links below
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find affordable auto insurance rates for my 2019 Toyota RAV4?
To find affordable auto insurance rates for your 2019 Toyota RAV4, you can use online resources to compare quotes from different insurance companies. Enter your zip code to access a free quote tool that will show you companies offering cheap auto insurance rates.
What factors are considered when quoting car insurance policies?
Several factors are taken into account when quoting car insurance policies. Some of the factors include your driving record (MVR report), vehicle usage, and vehicle rating. Understanding these factors can help you make informed decisions to potentially get better auto insurance rates.
Are there any discounts available for lower-cost insurance rates?
Yes, there are various discounts available that can help you lower your insurance rates. Some common discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts (for bundling multiple policies with the same insurer), and discounts for certain safety features in your vehicle. However, it’s important to note that not all discounts apply to the final cost of your policy.
How do insurance companies offer cheaper rates than my current provider?
Insurance companies often advertise cheaper rates to attract customers. They are able to offer lower rates based on various factors such as selecting customers who are less likely to make excessive claims. For example, a customer who is female, over 40 years old, has a low-risk occupation, and a short commute may be considered a lower-risk customer and receive preferred prices. It’s recommended to obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies to compare rates and find the best option for you.
How can I tailor my insurance coverage to my needs?
The right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles depends on various factors specific to your situation. To determine the appropriate coverage, consider factors such as your driving habits, the value of your vehicle, your budget, and any additional coverage needs you may have. Speaking with an insurance agent can also provide valuable insights and guidance in tailoring your coverage to your specific needs.
What are some common types of coverage found in car insurance policies?
Car insurance policies typically include different types of coverage, such as:
- Comprehensive insurance: Covers damage to your vehicle from causes other than collisions, such as vandalism, theft, or natural disasters.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) coverage: Protects you if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who has insufficient or no liability coverage.
- Collision coverage: Covers damage to your vehicle caused by collisions with other vehicles or objects.
- Auto liability insurance: Provides coverage for injuries or damages you cause to others in an accident.
- Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Reimburse you for medical expenses resulting from an accident, including rehabilitation costs and funeral expenses. These coverages can be used in conjunction with or in the absence of health insurance coverage.
How can I get the best price on insurance coverage?
To get the best price on insurance coverage, it’s recommended to obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies and compare them. This allows you to see the different rates and coverage options available. Additionally, consider reaching out to both online insurance resources and local insurance agencies to explore all possible options. Sometimes smaller, regional insurance providers may offer lower rates in certain areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area