Toyota Toyota RAV4 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 29, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Comparison shopping for more affordable Driversinsurance can be quite difficult for drivers who have little experience online insurance quotes. With so many agents and insurers available, it can easily become a real hassle to find the perfect company for you.
It’s smart to price shop coverage once or twice a year since insurance prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on RAV4 coverage a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. You can search a lot of insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn the easiest ways to quit paying high insurance rates.
Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. But car owners do need to know how big insurance companies determine prices and take advantage of how the system works.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance rates is to know the trick most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like level of coverage desired, whether you are married, whether or not you need a SR-22, and if you have an active license. The rating information is instantly sent to many highly-rated insurers and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To get price quotes for your 2018 Toyota RAV4 now, click here and see if a lower rate is available.
These nine discounts can slash car insurance rates
Some insurers don’t necessarily list all disounts very well, so we researched a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to sucessfully take a drivers education course if offered at their school.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates on RAV4 coverage compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- E-sign Discounts – Some car insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on the web.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with all your vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy insurance online.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because it is proof that your finances are in order.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- The Hartford may include discounts for driver training, vehicle fuel type, good student, anti-theft, bundle, and air bag.
- American Family may offer discounts for air bags, mySafetyValet, early bird, good student, good driver, bundled insurance, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including early quote, multi-car, driver training, home ownership, new car, and IntelliDrive.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for switch companies, early shopping, teen driver, good student, mature driver, alternative fuel, and electronic funds transfer.
- USAA may have discounts that include family discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, military installation, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new move discount, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, multi-car, multi-policy, and newly married.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in your area.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverages for a 2018 Toyota RAV4
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as surgery, nursing services, hospital visits and prosthetic devices. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your RAV4 from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability can pay for claims like emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft and hail damage. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Buy Smart and Save
Affordable 2018 Toyota RAV4 insurance is possible on the web and from local agencies, so get free insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not have online quoting and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation and denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to compare 2018 Toyota RAV4 insurance car insurance rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive insurance. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from a small local company.
Much more information about insurance coverage is available on the following sites:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area