2020 Acura NSX Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2020 Acura NSX are $2,458 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs approximately $620 a year, collision insurance costs $1,290, and liability costs around $390. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $452 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $5,368 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $8,564 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $2,458
Rate estimates for 2020 Acura NSX Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2020 Acura NSX models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range range from as low as $452 for a discount liability-only rate to a high of $5,368 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why it is important for drivers to compare prices using their specific location and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2020 Acura NSX Insurance
Have you finally had enough of scraping nickels together to buy insurance? Your situation is no different than the majority of other vehicle owners.
Big-name insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all claim big savings, bombarding you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to separate fact from fiction and find the best price available.
You should take the time to quote other rates before your next renewal because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best rate for NSX coverage a few years ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. You can search a lot of insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some excellent ideas to lower your insurance bill.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. Finding the best rates is quite easy. Nevertheless, consumers should learn how companies market insurance on the web.
Save money with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with a break if you buy life insurance.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get reduced rates for NSX coverage.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who are attending college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house can get you a discount because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Memberships – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less can qualify you for slightly better rates than normal.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy over the internet.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper car insurance.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
To see companies with discount car insurance rates, enter your zip code here.
Six things that influence your insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower insurance coverage prices. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
- Never let your policy lapse – Driving any period of time without insurance can get you a ticket and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department.
- Deter car thieves – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart theives like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart vehicle theft.
- Prices impacted by your city – Having an address in areas with lower population is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates.
- Your spouse saves you money – Getting married may cut your premiums on your policy. Marriage may mean you are more financially stable and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Teen drivers cost more – Drivers with little experience are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving so insurance coverage rates are higher. Adding a young driver onto a policy can increase premiums substantially. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims .
- Gender and auto insurance premiums – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Car insurance can be complex
When buying adequate coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2020 Acura NSX to commute?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2020 Acura NSX?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Does my 2020 Acura NSX need full coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out your zip code.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Liability car insurance – This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as medical services, repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your NSX resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as driving through your garage door, backing into a parked car, crashing into a building and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses for things like dental work, ambulance fees, funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer and a broken windshield. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Acura NSX.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
A penny saved is a penny earned
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce 2020 Acura NSX insurance premium rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper car insurance. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Cost effective 2020 Acura NSX insurance is attainable both online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not have online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in these articles:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$3,882|
|Los Angeles, CA||$4,200|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$210|
|5-yr Claim Free||$165|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$134|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.