Dodge Dodge Challenger Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 30, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better car insurance rates for your Dodge Challenger? Having to pay for overpriced Dodge Challenger insurance can dwindle your savings and maybe even restrict other spending. Performing a price comparison is a great way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
You have multiple insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, it can be more difficult to adequately compare rates.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Most are applied at quote time, but occassionally some discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your car insurance quote.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with multiple cars with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, online signing, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, good student, anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including distant student, mature driver, teen driver, bundle discounts, multi-car, homeowner, and business and professional.
- GEICO discounts include defensive driver, driver training, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Esurance may include discounts for safety device, DriveSense, claim free, Pac-12 alumni, and online quote.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, teen safe driver, anti-theft, and safe driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, driver’s education, good student, and multiple policy.
When getting free car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete your zip code. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hail damage, hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Challenger resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like ambulance fees, hospital visits, surgery, pain medications and rehabilitation expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Liability auto insurance – This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability coverage protects against things like court costs, repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees, structural damage and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
We just covered many ideas to shop for 2020 Dodge Challenger insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest car insurance. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance coverage is with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area