Cheapest 2020 Hyundai Palisade Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
If you’re shopping for lower-priced insurance online, are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of insurance coverage sources that you can choose from? Many other drivers are too. people have such a vast assortment of sources available that it can really be a real hassle to find the perfect company for you.
How much does car insurance cost?
There are multiple methods to compare car insurance quotes, but there is one way that is easier and takes less work. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking about coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you could use online quotes to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Many insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to complete one form, and each participating company can give them a price based on that information. This eliminates the need for quote forms for each company you want a rate for.
To access this free quoting program, enter your zip code here.
The only downside to using this type of system is you are unable to specify the providers to get quotes from. If you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to request quotes from, we put together a list of car insurance companies in your area. Click to enter zip code.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be sure to compare equivalent quote information for each quote you get. If you are comparing higher or lower deductibles you will not be able to get a fair rate comparison. Even a minor difference in coverage limits may result in a large different in cost. It’s important to know that comparing more rates from different companies will enable you to find better pricing. Some smaller insurers to not give prices over the internet, so it’s recommended that you also compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
Discounts to earn lower-cost auto insurance rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but a few must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on the web.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get lower premium rates on Palisade insurance.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction on Palisade insurance with certain companies.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow companies to look at when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- The Hartford has discounts for vehicle fuel type, bundle, good student, defensive driver, and driver training.
- American Family may have discounts that include defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, good student, TimeAway discount, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Travelers has savings for hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, multi-car, payment discounts, and home ownership.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include youthful driver, homeowner, business and professional, alternative fuel, and distant student.
- USAA may offer discounts for safe driver, defensive driver, loyalty savings, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, driver training, and new vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for exclusive group savings, safety features, multi-car, preferred payment discount, and new graduate.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not be offered in your area. To choose insurance companies that offer multiple discounts, enter your zip code here.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions might help in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2020 Hyundai Palisade to commute?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and enter your zip code.
The Hyundai Palisade insurance price equation
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are more obscure such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Where you call home – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People in densly populated areas have to deal with congested traffic and longer commute times. More time behind the wheel means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Your job may affect rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Careers such as military personnelpolice officers and financial analysts tend to pay the highest average rates because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Other occupations such as actors, athletes and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average on Palisade insurance.
- Women tend to take less risk – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Women and men cause fender benders in similar percentages, but guys tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Cheaper car insurance rates for being claim-free – Companies generally give discounts to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Can switching companies really save?
Well-known insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive endlessly run ads on TV and radio. All the companies make the point that drivers can save some big amount if you change your policy. How is it possible that every company can sell you cheaper insurance coverage? This is how they do it.
Different companies require specific criteria for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. An example of a profitable customer might be described as between the ages of 30 and 50, has never had a policy lapse, and has a high credit rating. A customer getting a price quote that matches those criteria receives the best car insurance rates and will most likely save money with a new company.
Drivers who don’t measure up to the ideal profile will be charged more expensive rates which results in the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save the amount stated. That’s why companies can truthfully make claims like that.
Because every company is different, you really need to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It’s not possible to predict the company that will be your best fit.
Parts of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills such as surgery, dental work, funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses and doctor visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 2020 Hyundai Palisade.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things such as funeral expenses, emergency aid, bail bonds and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Palisade resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a broken windshield, vandalism, falling objects, damage from flooding and hitting a deer. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
More affordable insurance coverage is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on 2020 Hyundai Palisade insurance. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting low cost auto insurance. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with an unexpected company.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area