2020 Mazda 3 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 30, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2020 Mazda 3 are $1,384 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $294 a year, collision insurance costs $542, and liability costs $390. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $452 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $2,992. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,148 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,384
Rate estimates for 2020 Mazda 3 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2020 Mazda 3 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range range from as low as $452 for only liability insurance to a high of $2,992 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why it is important for drivers to compare rates using their specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2020 Mazda 3 Insurance
I really doubt anyone looks forward to paying for auto insurance, particularly when they could find better prices if they shop around.
Companies like Allstate and Progressive constantly blast consumers with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Finding affordable coverage is not that difficult. Nevertheless, consumers need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive lower premium rates on 3 coverage.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less on 3 coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates when compared with bad drivers.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount should help lower the premium cost.
The best car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, new graduate, and teen driver discount.
- American Family has savings for TimeAway discount, early bird, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and mySafetyValet.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include pay in full, multi-car, early shopping, homeowner, and teen driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for company car, mature driver, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and paperless.
- SAFECO may include discounts for homeowner, multi-car, drive less, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, and safe driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in every state.
Smart consumers save every year
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are some of the items companies use to determine rates.
- Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies award discounts to people who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is intended for more catestrophic claims.
- Lower rates for married couples – Your spouse may earn you lower rates on insurance. It translates into being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Continuous coverage saves money – Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Low credit rating equals high prices – Having a bad credit history can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. People that have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than those with worse credit. Therefore, if your credit leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your 2020 Mazda 3 by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Liability coverage preserves assets – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage if ever you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Should I rate my 2020 Mazda 3 as pleasure use or commute?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2020 Mazda 3 is totaled?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- What if I total my 2020 Mazda 3 and owe more than it’s worth?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out your zip code.
Parts of your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses like funeral costs, doctor visits, hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and theft. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Mazda 3.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as funeral expenses, pain and suffering and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your 3 resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as rolling your car, crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Some insurance coverage companies do not provide online quoting and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents. Discount 2020 Mazda 3 insurance is possible both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on 2020 Mazda 3 insurance. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Additional insurance coverage information can be found at these links:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,187|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,361|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$103|
|5-yr Claim Free||$89|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$64|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.