Cheapest 2020 Toyota Prius Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper car insurance rates for your Toyota Prius? There isn’t anyone who enjoys paying for car insurance, especially knowing they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
Consumers have many car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the best rates.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because car insurance rates tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best deal on Prius insurance last year there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out how to quote online to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Finding the best rates is not rocket science. Essentially everyone who has to buy car insurance most likely will be able to cut their insurance bill. Nevertheless, drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
First Step: Get free insurance coverage quotes
To get cheap auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from insurance coverage companies in your area. The easiest way by far to do a complete rate comparison is to jump online and get quotes. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The most efficient method to find the lowest comparison rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison. This easy form eliminates the need for boring form submissions to each individual insurance coverage company. One form submission gets insurance cost estimates from all major companies.
- A different way to get quotes online consists of visiting the website for every company you want to comare to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, let’s say you want to view quotes from GEICO, Farmers and Liberty Mutual. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site to enter the same coverage data repeatedly, which is not fast way to get rate quotes.
- The most difficult way to find and compare rates is to waste gas driving to all the different insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you have a need for the professional assistance that only an agent can give. It is possible to comparison shop online but buy from a local insurance agent.
Which method you use is up to you, but be certain you are entering the exact same coverage limits for each price quote. If the quotes have different liability limits then you won’t be able to determine the lowest rate for your Toyota Prius. Just a small difference in limits can make a big difference in price. It’s important to know that comparing more company’s prices gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate. Some companies don’t provide online rate quotes, so it’s necessary to compare rates from them, too.
Car insurance discounts help cut rates
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy auto insurance online.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can possibly qualify for lower premium rates on Prius insurance.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a driver safety course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% on Prius insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but certain companies may permit one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
The best car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, air bags, and emergency military deployment.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for accident-free, type of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, professional/association, anti-theft, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include electronic funds transfer, early shopping, distant student, multi-car, mature driver, and youthful driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for multiple vehicles, group or association, safe vehicle, paid in full, teen driver, safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for safety features, good student, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, new move discount, and new vehicle discount.
- SAFECO discounts include safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, drive less, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, and teen safe driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and good student.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle storage, safe driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, annual mileage, and multi-vehicle.
Before buying, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in every state. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above, enter your zip code here.
Which is the best insurance coverage?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2020 Toyota Prius?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete your zip code.
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverages available from auto insurance companies.
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for things such as pain and suffering, funeral expenses, structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical services. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses for X-ray expenses, surgery and dental work. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage covers damage to your Prius resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like damaging your car on a curb, backing into a parked car, crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from flooding, hail damage, theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and a broken windshield. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Toyota Prius.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for my 2020 Toyota Prius in 2023?
To find the cheapest auto insurance rates for your 2020 Toyota Prius, you can compare quotes from different insurance companies. Enter your zip code on our website to use the free quote tool and receive quotes from multiple companies. Comparing quotes from various insurers increases your chances of finding a lower rate.
What is the best way to compare auto insurance quotes?
The easiest and quickest way to compare auto insurance quotes is by using online tools. You can jump online and obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies in just a few minutes. Make sure to enter the exact same coverage limits for each quote to accurately compare prices. Comparing quotes from various companies provides a better chance of finding the best coverage at lower premiums.
Are there any discounts available to reduce car insurance rates?
Yes, there are discounts available that can help reduce car insurance rates. Many discounts are automatically applied when you request a quote, while others may require you to specifically ask for them. It’s important to note that most discounts apply to specific insurance coverages and may not be applicable to the entire policy. To see a list of providers offering discounts, enter your zip code on our website.
How do I determine the best insurance coverage for my Toyota Prius?
The best insurance coverage for your Toyota Prius depends on your specific needs and situation. There is no one-size-fits-all policy. To determine the proper coverage, consider factors such as your driving habits, the value of your vehicle, and your financial situation. If you are unsure about the coverage you need, it may be helpful to consult with an insurance agent who can provide personalized recommendations.
What are the typical coverages available from auto insurance companies?
Auto insurance companies offer various types of coverage. Some of the typical coverages available include:
- Auto Liability: Covers damages or injuries you cause to others. It includes bodily injury limits per person, bodily injury limits per accident, and property damage limits.
- Medical Payments: Covers immediate medical expenses for you and your occupants, regardless of fault.
- Collision: Covers damage to your vehicle resulting from collisions with other objects or vehicles.
- Comprehensive: Covers damage to your vehicle from non-collision incidents such as theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: Protects you when other drivers have insufficient or no liability coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area