Toyota Toyota Prius Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you had enough of scraping the payment together to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are in the same boat as most other car owners. Since consumers have many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be challenging to locate the most affordable car insurance company for your 2011 Toyota Prius.
It’s smart to shop coverage around quite often because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price for Prius coverage on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Starting now, forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because it’s time to teach you how to quote online to save on insurance coverage.
Pay Less For 2011 Toyota Prius Insurance
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory airbags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance for Prius coverage.
- Sign Online – A few companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums for Prius coverage.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more for Prius coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will reduce your premiums.
Car insurance companies that may offer these benefits include:
- American Family
- 21st Century
- Farmers Insurance
Before buying, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Savings may not be available everywhere on the cost of 2011 Toyota Prius auto insurance.
The fastest way that we advise to get policy rate comparisons utilizes the fact most of the bigger providers actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like if the car is leased, daily mileage, the year, make and model of vehicle, and your job. That information is then submitted to insurance carriers in your area and you receive quotes immediately. To view a list of auto insurance providers, go to this page.
Toyota Prius Insurance Rates Consist of Many Parts
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Credit rating is a huge factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have poor credit. So if your credit can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2011 Toyota Prius by improving your rating.
- Where you live can impact rates – Choosing to live in less populated areas is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Urban drivers have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Toyota Prius earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Most insurers will give a discount to people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
Tailor Your Coverage to You
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Does my 2011 Toyota Prius need full coverage?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- If my 2011 Toyota Prius is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything, and can provide invaluable advice.
Car Insurance Coverage Information
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things such as funeral expenses, emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects, medical services, and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism, and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Prius resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car, crashing into a building, and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Protection
This provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Toyota Prius.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Medical Expense Coverage and Personal Injury Protection
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses such as pain medications, doctor visits, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses, and funeral costs. They are often used to fill the gap in your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
More Quotes Amounts to Lower Rates.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Discount 2011 Toyota Prius insurance can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area