Cheap 1990 Dodge Ram 50 Pickup Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 16, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Feel like you’re a prisoner to an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Believe me, there are many consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance. Having so many online and local companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to find the right company.
This article will teach you how car insurance quotes work. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using this strategy. Vehicle owners only need to know the tricks to compare price quotes online.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Own a Home – Owning a house may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off on Ram 50 pickup insurance with select insurance companies.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Ram 50 pickup insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will cut your overall premium however.
Insurance companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
- American Family
- 21st Century
- Farmers Insurance
Check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Savings might not apply in your area.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 1990 Dodge Ram 50 Pickup to commute?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- What is PIP insurance?
- How high should deductibles be on a 1990 Dodge Ram 50 Pickup?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Can switching companies really save?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance by companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the companies say the same thing of big savings if you move to them.
How can each company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a driver they prefer might be profiled as between the ages of 30 and 50, has no tickets, and has excellent credit. A customer who matches those parameters receives the best rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Drivers who fall outside the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher rates and ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently claim big savings.
This emphasizes why you absolutely need to compare as many rates as you can. It’s not possible to predict which auto insurance company will have the lowest Dodge Ram 50 Pickup insurance rates.
Auto insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays for damage to your Ram 50 Pickup resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims such as legal defense fees, emergency aid, bail bonds and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, hitting a bird and a broken windshield. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses for EMT expenses, prosthetic devices and chiropractic care. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Don’t be a big spender
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on 1990 Dodge Ram 50 Pickup insurance. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
More tips and info about insurance coverage can be read in the articles below:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area